Raven-Symoné Reveals She Had Underage Surgery

Raven-Symoné has opened up about her experience undergoing cosmetic procedures as a teen, sharing she underwent two breast reductions and liposuction before she turned 18 years old, with her dad signing off on the procedures.

"There was paperwork involved. My dad suggested strongly that I should get my breasts reduced. He was like, ‘So you don't feel bad, is there anything that you want?' I was like, ‘Yeah, if I get lipo, will people stop calling me fat?'"

She referred to the medical procedures as a "twofer."

"It was just a mess, just being that young and the pain of it all."


She also revealed her health turned scary after she suffered a seizure post operation, and that the complication still "freaks her out a bit."

"I remember waking up and seeing everything, and then I just started to have this dry mouth and couldn't breathe and went back under."

She has advised others to hold off considering surgery until they are older, and has mixed feelings regarding her breast reductions.

"I don't know if I regret it because they grew back not to that big of a size."


She has also opened up about her weight loss journey, noting she lost 30 pounds over three months in 2021, and explained her regime was what worked best for her.

"I don't try to speak for anybody else. I'm not over here trying to be a little twig."

She completed her lifestyle change to "make sure that my body is healthy and prepared to deal with old age."

Comments

Popular Posts