Storm Reid Wins Best Guest Actress (Emmy Awards 2023)
Storm Reid has won the Primetime Creative Arts Emmy Award for Outstanding Guest Actress in a Drama Series.
“I genuinely cannot articulate how i’m feeling … more words and more pictures tomorrow. THANK YOU."
Later on, she posted her car ride after the ceremony.
“This is a testament to stay the course. Don’t take no for an answer. Do what you want to do. Don’t care what nobody says. Stay in your own lane. Create your own lane. Do what makes you happy.”
This was her first Emmy win and nomination.
In the category, there were six nominees, with only two shows represented.
Hiam Abbass, Cherry Jones, and Harriet Walter were nominated for 'Succession,' while Melanie Lynskey, Anna Torv, and Storm Reid were nominated for 'The Last of Us.'
Some of these actresses were up for more than one Emmy. Lynskey was also nominated for Lead Actress in a Drama Series ('Yellowjackets'), and Walter was also nominated for Guest Actress in a Comedy Series ('Ted Lasso').
Lynskey earned her first Emmy nomination in 2022, and chose to sleep through the announcement at the time.
“I was so nervous. I honestly couldn’t face it. So [husband] Jason [Ritter] got up with our daughter and I did sleep through it. I just couldn’t be awake. I decided it would be nice to either wake up [because] I was getting a lot of [phone messages] or just slowly wake up. … So I woke up [because] I was getting a lot of [phone messages]. So that was a nice way to wake up.”
Lynskey has been in the industry since the early 90s, and joked about her heightened fame as of lately.
“Ten years ago I got nominated for a Gotham award as a breakthrough performer. And even then a decade ago, people were like, ‘She’s been around forever!’ I think now at this point it’s extra funny, but it does feel different. I’ve felt very fortunate to be a working actor and to have been able to make my living and do work that I feel really proud of. To have this level of recognition is very, very new for me. It feels very nice.”




Comments
Post a Comment