Sofia Vergara Opens Up About Divorce From Joe Manganiello

Sofia Vergara has opened up about her very public divorce from Joe Manganiello. 

She revealed she had expected the media interest in the story when the news broke about their split in June 2023. 

“You’re out there [in the public eye] and people know that's part of being a celebrity. I knew it was gonna happen. You can’t hide those things.”

When she was asked how she "overcame" the scrutiny about the divorce, she said she was able to get through it, thanks partly to the type of media coverage it received. 

“It wasn't bad. I think, you know, I have to say the press was very respectful and very nice. And I thought that they were gonna invent more things, and you know how it usually is.”

“I was surprised and, you know, they, they kind of just said what it was and, and that was it."


In July, the two released a joint statement saying after seven years of marriage, they've made the "difficult decision" to divorce. 

"As two people that love and care for one another very much, we politely ask for respect for our privacy at this time as we navigate this new phase of our lives."

Two days later, Manganiello filed for divorce, citing "irreconcilable differences" as the reason. He listed the date of separation as July 2nd.

After moving past the rough patch, Sofia revealed she's been able to shift her focus onto living her best life. 

"And, you know, I've been moving on."

Over the last few months, she's been photographed on multiple dates with orthopaedic surgeon Justin Saliman. 


Manganiello has been seen with actress Caitlin O'Connor.  

Despite calling last year "interesting" and "difficult," Sofia noted she was "excited" to see what 2024 would bring. 

"I’m excited for the TV show that is coming. I’m excited for [skincare brand] Toty, which has been doing really well since we started and people are loving it because it’s such a good quality product.”

“I have a lot of projects for next year that hopefully people will love as well.”

Comments

Popular Posts