Sofia Richie Expecting 1st Child With Husband
Sofia Richie Grainge is expecting her first child with husband Elliot. The news comes almost a year after the two wed in April 2023.
“I found out very, very early. I was about four weeks pregnant. I was on a trip to Milan for fashion week, and I was going to the Prada show. I was doing a really quick 24-hour turnaround, and I felt terrible but didn’t think much of it. I thought it was jet lag.”
She is currently six months pregnant and recalled being “a few days late on my period,” which led to her taking a pregnancy test.
“Elliot was already used to me taking tests randomly,” she said, noting the two had been “casually trying” since their wedding.
“He didn’t really flinch when I said I was checking. I was taking one of those really crappy at-home tests, and there was the faintest of lines. I was so used to seeing negatives that I knew when something looked even kind of different.”
Elliot went to pick up more pregnancy tests. Sofia took three at the same time, all resulting in a positive.
“He was so excited, and we both cried. It was crazy and overwhelming and so hard not to scream it from the rooftops. But knowing I was so early, I was so protective — even with my friends.”
Sofia already had lots of "ideas" when it came to the wardrobe of her baby.
“From the moment I found out I was pregnant, I have been going crazy online. I’ve held onto things and thought, ‘Oh my daughter will have this one day. I have a lot of little bags to pass down. I have a lot in mind.”
When it comes to the due date, Sofia revealed things are "a bit up in the air," confirming her child will be a "Gemini baby."
Sofia and Elliot began sparking romance rumours back in January 2021.
They confirmed their relationship two months later, and by April 2022, the pair were engaged.
They had a French wedding the next year, which became a highly talked about event. Since then, Sofia has plans to keep her pregnancy private.
“Pregnancy is really scary and you want to protect that space. I didn’t realize there are so many milestones you have to hit and so many tests you have to take. For me, it was really important to protect our mental health and our space as a couple.”




Comments
Post a Comment