Rosamund Pike Opens Up About Skiing Injury

At the 2024 BAFTA Tea Party, Rosamund Pike has opened up about her skiing injury, revealing she is mostly healed, and just had to hide the effects under a veil during the Golden Globes Awards. 

She said her chin is "still a bit [messed up] underneath, but I'm not going to show you," but revealed the wound is healing nicely.

The injury isn't visible anymore, however, her face, more specifically her chin, "was completely messed up." 

“If I showed you pictures on my phone from January the first, you would say, ‘Ahh.'"

And while she is doing much better, she notes that "it is not what you want to do, smash your face up two weeks before the Golden Globes.”

“It's not the No. 1 preferred strategy for entering award season."


She wore a floral Simone Rocha gown to the BAFTA event, but arrived at the Golden Globes in a completely different ensemble, an all-black outfit with a decorative lace fascinator that covered most of her face. 

She made headlines for not only being a standout at the awards show, but for the unique headpiece. 

Rosamund revealed the accessory was "“a protective veil for the occasion.”

“I had a [skiing] accident over Christmas. Not what you want knowing you’re coming to the Golden Globes on the seventh of January.”


She appeared largely unscathed from the accident, which happened around two weeks before the ceremony. She said it left her face "entirely smashed up,” so she thought to herself, “I need to do something.”

After it was pointed out her face seemed to be mostly free on injuries, she said she was mostly "healed," but chose to include the headpiece anyway. 

“I kind of fell in love with the look."

Comments

Popular Posts