Kate Beckinsale Announces Death Of Stepfather

Kate Beckinsale has revealed her stepfather, Roy Battersby, has passed away at the age of 87, following "a brief period of illness.”

"It is with great sorrow that the family of film and television director Roy Battersby announce the news of his recent death after a brief period of illness."

“He passed away peacefully on 10 January 2024, in Los Angeles surrounded by family, aged 87. Funeral will be held in London, details to follow.”

She also shared a video and photo carousel of him, alongside a heartfelt caption. 

“I have no words yet. Thank you @katebeckinsale_slovakia2 for making this beautiful thing. I fought for you with everything I had. Oh Roy I am so sorry I lost.”


The carousel included photos of Kate sharing sweet moments with her stepfather, as well as her mother and other family. 

The video showed Roy opening up about his life growing up in the UK during World War II. 

He was best known for directing British TV dramas, including 'Inspector Morse,' 'A Touch of Frost' and 'Between The Lines.'

The announcement comes after Kate shared photos of herself and family gathered around a hospital bed while she was wearing her silver Golden Globes dress. 

“Golden globes 2024 start to end @goldenglobes @cbstv."

In one photo, she is seen eating a sandwich with a blanket on her lap, and in another, she seems to scrolling thorough her phone, resting her Golden Globes heels on the edge of the hospital bed. 

The next day, she shared a single black square. 


In April, she paid tribute to Roy on his 87th birthday, calling him her "dearest Roy” and “titan of all good things.” 

“You are now 87 and truly eminent and up for some ludicrous s--- as well as being world master of Jungian magic and very good at explaining geographical contours to the reluctant. I love you so much. Happy birthday 🎂it is so lucky for me that you are older than the Pope and yet will wear a bra on your head for emergency fun 💕💕.”

One month before, she remembered her late father Richard, who passed away suddenly at the age of 31 of a heart attack, Kate was only five years old. 

“March 19 1979 …. Some years hit harder than others. Don’t miss a second. Hug your people hard 🖤🖤🖤,”  

Comments

Popular Posts