Josh Duhamel Welcomes 1st Baby With Wife Audra Mari

Josh Duhamel has welcomed his first child with wife Audra Mari, his second child all together. 

“Shepherd Lawrence Duhamel 1/11/24 🤍."

The two announced they were expecting in September last year. 

“Baby Duhamel coming soon 🤍."

They confirmed their engagement in January 2022, after dating for two years, and wed in September 2022. 

Josh is already dad to Axl, who he shares with ex-wife Fergie. The two married in January 2009, and welcomed Axl in August 2013. 


They announced their separation in September 2017, and finalised their divorce two years later. 

During Audra's pregnancy, Josh shared Axl was "very excited” to have a sibling. 

“I don’t think he quite understands that it’s actually real. He will once he sees this little thing in front of him. I think I’m probably the same.”

He added becoming a big brother would “be good for” Axl “because he’s been an only child up to this point.”

“Now he’s going to have some responsibility. He’s excited. He’s going to be a great older brother, too. He’s a really sweet-natured kid who loves babies, so I think this is kind of perfect.”

At the time, he refused to reveal the name he and Audra picked out, but revealed he vetoed one suggestion from Axl. 

“He likes Gary. He wants to name the baby Gary. I think if we have a dog, we’ll name it Gary.”

And Fergie? She sent well wishes to her ex-husband and his growing family. 


“I am truly happy for you guys. Axl can’t wait to be a big brother.”

Later that month, Josh opened up about the dynamic between Fergie and Audra. 

“Thankfully Fergie’s an amazing woman, she really is. She’s taken Audra in. It could be much worse. That’s the thing, you never know how these things are going to go.”

“Because she’s such a kind-hearted person, she really, truly is, she only has love for Audra. I can’t believe how excited she is for us. It could be a lot worse. I’ve seen it. I’ve lived it. And thankfully, we have a really civil situation.”

He also hinted at plans for a possible baby No#2. 

“I get to do this again and hopefully again after that. Axl’s going to be a great older brother. Audra’s going to be a great mother, [I’m] very blessed. … I’m jumping back in at this ripe old age. I’m doing it. To me, that’s what it’s about. I’m meant to be a dad.”

Comments

Popular Posts