Ian Somerhalder Quits Acting

Ian Somerhalder has revealed he is officially leaving Hollywood and his acting career. 

“I love what I did for a really long time. I love making films, I just did it for so long. We had an amazing run. But this is our 2.0 version — about to be 3.0 version.”

This update may come as a surprise to some, even though he has previously hinted at the decision while discussing his and wife Nikki Reed's move to a farm outside of Los Angeles. 

The two have opened up about creating a new home, with 18 pets. 

“[I love] walking through the farm with kids and dogs and family. Every stop, you’re pulling off of trees or off of bushes, pulling up out of the ground and feeding everyone as you’re moving through the farm.”

“We’re farm people, we produce most of our own food, I live in my cowboy boots.”


Ian rose to fame as Boone on 'Lost,' and proceeded to portray the beloved Damon Salvatore on 'The Vampire Diaries.' 

After almost a decade on the show, he starred in another vampire project, 'V Wars.'

He married Nikki in 2015, and transitioned into producing documentaries about climate change, including 'Kiss the Ground' (2020).

He has also partnered with Paul Wesley to launch Brother's Bond Bourbon. 

“I stepped away from acting a little over four years ago to raise my kids, build my companies and get these films launched."


Despite the step away, he clarified why he has continued returning to the spotlight. 

“I was asked why I care about this. It is because I’m building my entire life and world to do that exact thing. I will be a rancher and building legacy brands, whether it’s my bourbon or my health and wellness company, and the regenerative agriculture and healthy soil management practices that I live by and our family lives by. That’s where my life was going. So when people say ‘Why do you care?’ That’s why I care. Because that’s who I am, that’s what I’m going to become.”

Comments

Popular Posts