Elle King Gets "F–king Hammered" At Grand Ole Opry
Singer Elle King has performed drunk at the Grand Ole Opry and is now receiving criticism from fans of country music.
Social media footage shows she slurred her words and yelled “f**k” multiple times during the set.
Her set was part of the venue’s tribute to Dolly Parton to celebrate her 78th birthday.
Elle also openly declared she was inebriated.
“You ain’t getting your money back. I’ll tell you one thing more: ‘Hi, my name is Elle King [and] I’m f**king hammered.’”
Fans were instantly shocked, and called the singer out for shouting obscenities during a family-friendly event, “Opry Goes Dolly.”
Other members of the lineup were Ashley Monroe, Tigirlily Gold and Dailey & Vincent.
One social media user said, “Elle King ruined the night with her horrible, drunk, and profane performance. Dolly Parton would’ve been mortified. For our first time at The Opry, it was a shame we all had to witness that.”
Another wrote, “Elle King disrespected the Ryman and Dolly Parton.”
The Opry released an apology on behalf of the singer.
“We deeply regret and apologize for the language that was used during last night’s second Opry performance.”
Elle herself has yet to publicly address the outrage.
Previously, Elle has been candid about her struggles with substance abuse, however, claims she can control her drinking.
“I really like to drink and sing. I don’t want to get as drunk as I used to. It’s easier for me to say: ‘Yeah, I want to drink and party and [then] go on stage.’ I get nervous before I go on stage, [so] I have a couple of drinks [first]. Drinking makes me less nervous about hitting the notes when I sing. If I don’t make them, it won’t sting as much.”
She got her start in 2012, releasing her self-entitled EP. Since, she’s released three studio albums and has been nominated for four Grammys.
‘Ex’s & Oh’s’ is her most well-known single, and was released in 2015, earning the star two of her four Grammy nominations.
Her most recent album, 'Come Get Your Wife,’ was released last year and marked her transition to country music.
“If anybody was wondering, ‘Why would Elle King make a country record?’ Well, I said, ‘OK, I’ll tell you. Just start with the first song.’ So that’s why I wrote ‘Ohio,’ because I’m sharing where I come from, what I love about country music and it’s also my love letter.”
“I’ve been hearing other artists say, ‘Country music changed my life,’ and like, country music changed me. What happened when I started singing in these country arenas or small clubs or singing for country radio is [that] I felt comfortable. And that’s something that I’ve never felt [before]. So when I went into the record-making process, my walls are just already down.”
Elle’s father is actor Rob Schneider and her mother is model London King.
“It’s sweet now because you don’t want to be the kid of a famous person and I’m just so glad at this point in my life I get [people saying,] ‘You’re Elle King’s dad?’ I’m just really happy for her that she’s really getting to a good place creatively that she’s just thrilled about.”
Elle also shares son Lucky (2) with Dan Tooker.



.jpeg)



Comments
Post a Comment