Dan Levy Almost Played Ken

Dan Levy has opened up about the fact that he was almost Ken in the 'Barbie' movie. However, he knows fans still think of him as David Rose. 

David Rose was his character in 'Schitt's Creek,' which he appeared on from 2015 to 2020. It launched Dan as a style an meme star. 

He is fine with this, and people still mistaking him for David, as he knows it comes from a good place. 

“If you create something that lives with people to the point where they forget who you are, I will never take offense to that.”

However, he has now revealed he almost played another role, maybe one a bit more beloved and iconic, one of the Kens in 'Barbie' (2023). He did have to turn it down though due to scheduling conflicts. 

“Logistically could not make it work despite desperately trying to. So, yeah, I guess I was I was technically unavailable to to do that."


He admitted he is a huge fan of director Greta Gerwig. 

"I think Greta had such a like wonderfully bizarre and and magical aesthetic idea of of what that movie was. I would have loved to play in her world. I think the I think she is one of the great, young auteurs of our time."

"Does it haunt me when I sleep at night? Sometimes. It's not like it isn't like one of the biggest movies of all time. That was a tough, that was a tough day."

His new film, 'Good Grief,' which he wrote, directed, and stars in, is now streaming on Netflix.


He plays an artist getting over the death of his husband (Luke Evans), via a trip to Paris with his two best friends. 

“As someone who’s single a lot, your friends are the loves of your life. The friends I have are lifers. I love them dearly, to the point where I wrote a movie about that love and how it can save us in the hardest of times.”

Comments

Popular Posts