Cindy Morgan Dead At Age 69

Best known for her role in 'Caddyshack,' actress Cindy Morgan has passed away at the age of 69. 

She found dead in her Florida home by her roommate on December 30th. 

The roommate told authorities she returned from a holiday and knocked on Cindy's bedroom door. She didn't hear a response, but smelled a strong odor from inside, and proceeded to call 911. That's when authorities entered the room and found the body. 

Cindy was last seen alive on December 19th. 

Authorities revealed they believe Cindy died on "natural causes" and found no evidence of foul play, however an investigation is ongoing.

Before her death, Cindy was best known as Lacey Underall in 'Caddyshack' (1980), opposite Chevy Chase and Bill Murray. 


She played the club owner's niece, who captures the attention of many men. 

Additionally, she starred in 'Tron' (1982), playing Jeff Bridges' love interest Lora/Yori. 

She was also on 'The Love Boat,' 'CHiPs,' 'Matlock,' and 'The Larry Sanders Show,' along with 16 episodes of 'Falcon Crest.'

She also produced a three sci-fi movies in the 1990s, 'Out There,' 'Amanda & the Alien,' and 'Dead Weekend.' 

She stopped acting onscreen in the early 2000s, but was a regular at fan conventions.

“Sweet photo from the set of #Caddyshack,” she captioned a still from the set on Instagram. “Bill Murray’s calmly advising me, and I look as nervous as I should be, playing #LaceyUnderall against four of the funniest men on the planet.”

“What was Bill like? A sweet, big brother who kept me out of trouble… mostly. 😉.”


In November, she revealed she had two 'Falcon Crest' roles after not telling producers she'd had a smaller role earlier. 

“One of the other actresses thought I looked a little too much like her, so she had me rinse my hair auburn. The producers asked me when my new hair color would be permanent. I told them as soon as my contract was permanent.”

"16 episodes total, two characters. I also ‘forgot’ to tell the producers that I had been on the show before as Lorenzo Lamas’ is love interest. One of the crew recognized me though. Interesting doing a nighttime soap. An emotional roller coaster, and I slapped a lot of people. Kissed a lot of others.”

Comments

Popular Posts