Jacob Elordi Criticises 'Kissing Booth,' Joey King Responds
After her ex, Jacob Elordi, shaded the Netflix rom-com 'The Kissing Booth,' which he starred in alongside Joey King, Joey is sharing her own perspective of the film series.
"I think it's unfortunate anyone would feel that way. I had a great time making those movies no matter what anyone says."
"I couldn't be prouder of those movies."
Last month, Jacob raised eyebrows after sharing memories of working on the film, which he didn't seem fond of.
"I didn't want to make those movies before I made those movies. Those movies are ridiculous. They're not universal. They're an escape."
He further explained he felt the films were a part of a Hollywood "one for them, one for me" ethos, which he called a "trap."
"You have no original ideas and you're dead inside. So it's a fine dance. My ‘one for them,' I've done it."
After his remarks, costar Taylor Zakhar Perez explained why believes the films being an "escape" isn't technically a bad thing.
"I thought it was a shame because to my knowledge, everybody else had such a wonderful experience. It's a shame that was his experience on the set. Especially when those movies came out, it was a time when we really needed something like that."
"I know from our fan interactions, getting stopped everywhere I go, what Kissing Booth means to people and what it brought them during such a dark time. I guess the silver lining is he still made people laugh and feel good."
Despite how Jacob feels about the films, it's all love when it comes to his costars.
"I'm incredibly grateful to everybody in it."




Comments
Post a Comment