Zac Efron Shares Insight Into "Shocking" Transformation For 'The Iron Claw'

Zac Efron's body transformation for 'The Iron Claw' was something of a shock to fans, and now he's sharing insight into it. 

To play the role of legendary wrestler Kevin Von Erich, Zac channeled the athlete's dedication to achieved the perfect toned physique.

"He really motivated me to get in shape for this movie. The physicality he brought to the ring every single day was really unique. It changed wrestling. I knew that was going to be the hardest [thing] for me to master and get right."

"I put everything I had into it."


Even though shirtless photos reveal he's still in tip top shape, he also opened up about the beauty makeover he underwent.

Zac, and costars Harris Dickinson and Jeremy Allen White, had to rock 80s hairstyles, and that meant a shaggy bowl cut for Zac.

"I remember Harris and I were walking out of hair and makeup, and it was the first time we had to wear the full kit, and we were both thinking, 'What the hell are we doing here, man? How did we get into this?'"

"It was shocking at every point of the transformation."


Despite the hairstyle, Zac praised the studio's glam team's all-star skills. "I think it ended up looking really good and we had a great crew helping us out with that," the actor added. "The hair and make-up team was epic."

He also revealed the compliment he received from Kevin, the legend he portrayed.

"He told me he was happy with it last night, so I'm stoked! I cried a little bit, if I'm going to be completely honest."

Zac's trainer Chavo Guerrero Jr., who is also a pro wrestler, shared the love as well. 


"He's a machine. In-between training, he was like, 'I gotta get a meal in or I gotta get this protein shake in.' He was just on top of it constantly. And really, you know, abs are made in the kitchen, not in the gym."

'The Iron Claw' is set to hit theatres on December 22nd, 2023.

Comments

Popular Posts