Timbaland Receives Backlash After Britney Spears "Muzzle" Comment

Timbaland has received major backlash following a joke where he said Justin Timberlake should "put a muzzle" on Britney Spears, amid the release of her memoir 'The Woman in Me.' 

When it was noted his collaboration with Justin 'Cry Me a River' was making headlines due to the new book, he said, "She going crazy."

"I wanted to call and say, ‘JT, you gotta put a muzzle on that girl.' But you know what? We live in an age of social media and everybody wanna go viral. I get it, because that's the way you make money. Go viral."


Since then, his remarks have gone viral, with many throwing shade at him.

"It's a joke that a terrible person like Timbaland is roaming around saying whatever he wants. Yuck."

"Men want to silence and isolate anyone that divulges the truth about them or their boy-buddies, especially those with a perceived disability."

"Imagine in 2023 saying a woman should have a muzzle put on her for speaking her truth."

Timbaland later released an apology on TikTok. 


"I'm sorry to all the Britney fans, even to her. I'm sorry, because muzzle was—no, you have a voice. You speak what you want to speak. Who am I to tell you what not to speak? And I was wrong for saying that."

Several Britney fans even pointed out he once offered to collaborate with her following her break-up with Justin. 

He later changed his mind, and publicly bashed her for having "no comeback story" after she enlisted Daia to help produce her 'Blackout' album in 2007.

"Timbaland is still bitter that Britney left him hanging in the studio in 2006."

Another claimed Timbaland has "hated britney for years."

Comments

Popular Posts