Taylor Swift Makes Surprise Video Appearance On DWTS
Taylor Swift has made a surprise video appearance during the recent episode of 'Dancing with the Stars.' The episode honoured her music and groundbreaking year.
“Hey guys it’s Taylor. I just want to say thank you so much for having this me-themed night on Dancing With the Stars. I can’t wait to see what your amazing choreographers and my friend Mandy Moore have in store. I so wish I could be there because I’m on tour in Brazil.”
The six remaining couples danced to songs from her discography. The episode was deemed "A Celebration of Taylor Swift.”
Mandy Moore, the lead choreographer of Taylor's Eras Tour, joined the tribute episode as a guest judge. Carrie Ann Inaba, Derek Hough and Bruno Tonioli rounded out the judging panel.
Fans of the dance show have been itching for a Taylor Swift themed night since October, when pro Peta Murgatroyd let it slip.
"We will be having a Taylor Swift week here. Am I allowed to say that?”
Pro Artem Chigvintsev also hinted that Taylor would feature heavily in a future episode.
“Another night I am excited for, and I wanted to know, Charity, if you are excited as well, is Taylor Swift. Are you a Swiftie?"
The reply he got was "I am not a major one, but I do love her, so, yeah. I am super excited about that.”
After over a month of speculation, cohost Alfonso Ribeiro finally confirmed a Swift-centric night would occur two weeks later. This was on November 7th.
Taylor has never been a contestant on 'Dancing With the Stars,' but has a long history with the show.
She made her debut on the series in 2009, performing 'Jump Then Fall' and 'Love Story' in season nine.
In 2010, she returned, singing 'Mine,' and 'Dark Horse,' for season eleven. In 2012, she performed 'We Are Never Getting Back Together,' for season twelve.
The tribute to her comes amid her busy year, having re-released albums, and releasing a concert film.
She is also in the middle of her record-breaking 'Eras Tour,' set to play her final dates of the year in Brazil this week. It will resume in February and run until December 2024.





Comments
Post a Comment