Jennifer Aniston Shares One Of The Last Messages Received From Matthew Perry

Jennifer Aniston is reflecting on the loss of costar and friend Matthew Perry, and well as the time they spent together on 'Friends.'

Her tribute featured a photo of the two of them on set together alongside a loving text exchange with the same image. 

She also included a scene of the two during the finale of the sitcom, where Rachel and Chandler expressed their love for each other.

"Oh boy this one has cut deep ... Having to say goodbye to our Matty has been an insane wave of emotions that I’ve never experienced before." 


"We all experience loss at some point in our lives. Loss of life or loss of love. Being able to really SIT in this grief allows you to feel the moments of joy and gratitude for having loved someone that deep. And we loved him deeply. He was such a part of our DNA."

"We were always the 6 of us. This was a chosen family that forever changed the course of who we were and what our path was going to be. For Matty, he KNEW he loved to make people laugh. As he said himself, if he didn't hear the 'laugh' he thought he was going to die. His life literally depended on it. And boy did he succeed in doing just that. He made all of us laugh. And laugh hard."

She continued on about how she's processed this loss, and said she'd been looking back on their many text conversations. She even shared one.


"In the last couple weeks, I've been poring over our texts to one another. Laughing and crying then laughing again. I'll keep them forever and ever. I found one text that he sent me out of nowhere one day. It says it all. (See the second slide…)."

"Matty, I love you so much and I know you are now completely at peace and out of any pain. I talk to you every day… sometimes I can almost hear you saying 'could you BE any crazier?'" she added. "Rest little brother. You always made my day… ❤️🕊️"

The two had been friends since they met on set, and Matthew had publicly praised Jennifer for her continuous support and presence in his life. 

"She was the one that reached out the most. You know, I'm really grateful to her for that."


In his memoir 'Friends, Lovers and the Big Terrible Thing,' he revealed she was the one who initially confronted him about his addiction problem.

"Imagine how scary a moment that was."

The next month, he revealed she was "wonderful" and terrific" before sharing he wanted to reunite with the whole cast soon.

"We don't see each other as much. I wish the group would see each other more times, but she's the greatest."

Matthew was usually open about how the support of his castmates when he was battling addiction and alcoholism.


During the 2021 'Friends: The Reunion' special, he became emotional while describing their bond.

"The best way that I can describe it is after the show was over, at a party or any kind of social gathering, if one of us bumped into each other, that was it. That was the end of the night. You just sat with the person all night long and that was it."

"You apologized to the people you were with, but they had to understand you had met somebody special to you and you were going to talk to that person for the rest of the night. And that’s the way it worked."

Jennifer agreed with this sentiments, and it made Courteney Cox cry. 

"It's certainly the way it worked with all of us. It’s just the way it is."

Jennifer has also described the group as people who “will always have your back.”

“We’ll be family for life."


Matthew previously revealed his castmates were “understanding” and “patient” with him as he navigated his recovery and sobriety. 

"It's like penguins. In nature, when one is sick or very injured, the other penguins surround it and prop it up and walk around until that penguin can walk on its own. And that's kind of what the cast did for me."

Comments

Popular Posts