Brian McKnight Legally Changes Name To 'Exactly Match' Son

Brian McKnight has announced he legally changed his name, by sharing a photo on Instagram of his latest album, featuring a photo of his nine month old son. 

"šŸ¤šŸ¤šŸ¤ So proud to introduce our son šŸ¤BRIAN KAINOA MAKOA JR. šŸ¤."

"To the world with the release of my new album lovingly created for him. JR. because I am also proud to officially announce that I have legally changed my name to exactly match my legacy’s."

"My legal name is now BRIAN KAINOA MAKOA MCKNIGHT SR. MCKNIGHTtime LULLABIES the songs of a father to his namesake available now!"


As well as their son, he and his partner are parents to son Jack and daughter Julia. Brian is also father to sons Brian Jr. and Niko (with ex-wife Julie McKnight), and daughter Briana (from a previous relationship).

In January, he and his wife announced they welcomed another baby.

"'For this child we have prayed and the Lord has granted us the desires of our hearts' 1 Samuel 1:27 God's greatest gift, our son is here!!!"

"šŸ¤ Brian Kainoa Makoa McKnight šŸ¤ We are so in love!!!! ♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️ #iloveourlife #mylegacy #blessed #ohana #son #mrandmrsmcknight #knightandlei."

Last November, it was revealed they were expecting a baby boy.

"So thankful for precious life and our growing OHANA!!!"


The new addition is a rainbow baby, with Brian opening up about experiencing a pregnancy loss.

"I treasure this picture it was our last family picture before the birth of our son Kekoa Matteo."

He called wife Leilani the "greatest example of being a mother I've ever witnessed."

"I know how hard him not being here in the flesh with us is weighing incredibly heavy on us, but I know he is with us just like Julia and Jack are, as shining examples of your exceptional motherhood."

He also applauded the "strength I saw in you through the loss of our son and the courage to deal with the hardest loss we've ever dealt with in our lives has been truly remarkable."

Comments

Popular Posts