Victoria Beckham Breaks Silence on David 's Alleged Affair

In a new Netflix docuseries, Victoria and David Beckham have reflected on the media frenzy that surrounded them during the early 2000s, when reports circulated about David having an affair and cheating on Victoria. 

"There was some horrible stories that were difficult to deal with. It was the first time that me and Victoria had been put under that kind of pressure in our marriage."

This is the first time Victoria has spoken publicly about the rumours and accusations from those days.


"One hundred percent. It was the hardest period for us. Because it felt like the world was against us. And here's the thing: We were against each other if I'm being completely honest. You know, up until Madrid, sometimes it felt like us against everybody else. But we were together, we were connected, we had each other. But when we were in Spain, it didn't really feel like we had each other either. And that's sad."

David left Manchester United for Real Madrid in 2003, and played until 2007. He revealed in the series how it was difficult being in Spain while Victoria and the kids were in England.

"I can't even begin to tell you how hard it was, and how it affected me." 

"Every time that we woke up, we felt, you know, there was something else. I think we both felt at the time that we were not losing each other but drowning." 

Victoria admitted she resented David at the time for the media "circus" surrounding them.


"It was probably, if I'm being honest, the most unhappy I have ever been in my entire life."

"I don't know how we got through it in all honesty. Victoria's everything to me. To see her hurt was incredibly difficult. But, we're fighters. And at that time, we needed to fight for each other, we needed to fight for our family. And what we had was worth fighting for."

Even though the family have kept quiet over the years about the affair, David did issue an emphatic denial in 2004.

"During the past few months, I have become accustomed to reading more and more ludicrous stories about my private life. What appeared this morning is just one further example. The simple truth is that I am very happily married and have a wonderful wife and two very special kids. There is nothing any third party can do to change this."


Now the couple have been married for 24 years.

"I couldn't be more proud of you and ‘us.' I love you so much @DavidBeckham!! I can't wait for you all to see #BECKHAM, streaming on @Netflix from 4th October!" 

Comments

Popular Posts