Sum 41's Deryck Whibley Released From Hospital

Deryck Whibley, the frontman of band Sum 41, has been discharged from hospital after being admitted for pneumonia. 

“I’m very happy to be giving this update. Deryck was discharged after responding so well to his treatments. He is now under the care of his mother [Michelle Gordon], who is a registered nurse and myself.”

“The pressure and strain on his heart and lungs has improved and he is able to breathe without as much pain.”


“I can’t tell you how truly grateful we are for the community around us. We knew we had support but the outpouring of love for our family has been absolutely overwhelming and we can’t begin to say how much it has meant to us and helped us stay positive through this.”

It was announced last month, that Deryck had been admitted to a local hospital, just before his 8th wedding anniversary with wife Ariana Cooper.

“We spent the entire night in the ER and will now be spending the next few days here in the hospital as he fights through pneumonia. The scariest part is that there is a lot of strain on his heart and they are telling us that there is a possibility of heart failure. This is obviously not our first time in a situation like this but it brings back a lot of really difficult memories seeing him back in a hospital bed connected to wires and IVs.”


He was hospitalised previously in 2014, where he ended up in a coma for three days after he collapsed at home. He was diagnosed with liver and kidney failure.

“The reason I got so sick is from all the hard boozing I’ve been doing over the years. It finally caught up to me. I was drinking hard every day. I was sitting at home, poured myself another drink around midnight and was about to watch a movie when all of a sudden I didn’t feel so good. I then collapsed to the ground unconscious. My fiancée got me rushed to the hospital where they put me into the intensive care unit. I was stuck with needles and I.V.’s all over.”


He had recently wrapped up Sum 41's final tour before his battle with pneumonia. The band, which also includes Dave Baksh, Jason 'Cone' McCaslin, Tom Thacker, and Frank Zummo, recently announced they were disbanding after 27 years.

Comments

Popular Posts