Russell Brand Denies Sexual Assault Allegations
Russell Brand has denied any wrongdoing after it was reported four women accused him of sexual assault and rape.
He issued a video statement on YouTube before the report went public. The outlet that published the report claimed it was a joint investigation conducted with sister outlets.
"I've received two extremely disturbing letters or a letter and an email—one from a mainstream media TV company, one from a newspaper listing a litany of extremely egregious and aggressive attacks. These allegations pertain to the time when I was working in the mainstream, when I was in the newspapers all the time, when I was in the movies. And as I've written about extensively in my books, I was very, very promiscuous. Now during that time of promiscuity, the relationships I had were absolutely always consensual."
"I don't mind them using my books and my standup to talk about my promiscuous, consensual conduct in the past. What I seriously refute are these very, very serious criminal allegations."
It was alleged the incidents took place between 2006 ad 2013. Russell was married to Katy Perry between 2010 and 2012. She has yet to comment on the allegations.
It was reported one of the four alleged victims said Russell raped her when she was in her 30s in LA, and another alleged he sexually assaulted her when she was 16, and they were in an emotionally abusive and controlling relationship for around three months.
No allegations have been confirmed as of yet, and attorney for Russell has declined comment.
A special called 'Russell Brand: In Plain Sight' was recently aired on UK's Channel 4, featuring five women who alleged he raped, sexually assaulted, or abused them. He has denied all allegations.
It was reported the outlet gave Russell eight days to reply to detailed allegations made against him, and his lawyers initially said they weren't in a position to provide any response, as the outlets posed a "large litany of questions" and had allegedly intentionally chosen to anonymise the names of the women.
The lawyers also allegedly characterised the matter as deliberate and part of a pre-conceived strategy aimed at damaging Russell.
"There are witnesses whose evidence directly contradicts the narrative that these two mainstream media outlets are trying to construct apparently in what seems to me to be a coordinated attack."




Comments
Post a Comment