Nelly & Ashanti Make Rekindled Romance Instagram Official
Nelly and Ashanti have rekindled their romance, and they have now made it Instagram official.
Nelly shared a 43rd birthday tribute to Ashanti, one month after he confirmed they were back together. They originally separated a decade ago.
He posted a video montage showing throwback pics and clips of the two of them, set to his and Chris Lane's 2022 track 'Birthday Girl.'
"One time for the birthday girl… Such a beautiful, an incredible person inside and out and one of the hardest working women. I know.. @ashanti Enjoy your day Ma you look awesome!!!! Happy Birthday Love ya!!!!"
Ashanti responded, "Awwwwww Thanku Big head!!!!!!!! love ya!!!!"
The two dated on and off for almost a decade, breaking up around a decade ago.
This past April, they sparked romance rumours after they were spotted together in Las Vegas, and a few more time over the next few months.
In May, they performed their song 'Body on Me' from 2008, together at one of her shows.
On September 11th, Nelly confirmed he and Ashanti were back together and "cool again."
"I think it surprised both of us, though. It wasn't anything that was like, I don't think, planned. But sometimes being separate, you understand one another more, where you could be like, 'Well, yo, let me exactly see, maybe, what they see.' 'Cause you know we all can be defensive sometimes in our own relationships. And we know we're wrong, but we're going to stand on it."
A day later, Ashanti made their rekindled romance red carpet official. While she arrived at the 2023 MTV VMAs without him, she carried a clutch bearing a photo of the two at the same event two decades prior.
"I just thought it was cute. Not a huge deal, but this is the picture we took 20 years ago at the VMAs in '03. So I said, 'Eh, this might be cute.'"




Comments
Post a Comment