Margot Robbie & Ryan Gosling Wanted For ‘Oceans 11’ Prequel

Margot Robbie and Ryan Gosling are tipped to reunite for the first time since 'Barbie,' and have been tapped to star in the 'Ocean's 11' prequel, directed by Carrie Solomon. 

“I can’t really say much,” said producer Josey McNamara. “But I think we’re just trying to do right by the franchise.”

He added he’s “excited for people to experience it when it’s ready.”

According to sources, this is hopefully the beginning of several Robbie-Gosling collaborations.

“They’re wonderful together. The more projects even outside of that we can have them do would be amazing.” 


Not much is known about the upcoming film, however it reportedly takes place in the 1960s in Europe. 

Margot and Ryan receieved a lot of hype following their performance together in 'Barbie.'

Greta Gerwig once revealed she was called into “big meetings” to push for Ryan's big musical number.

“It just said in the script, ‘And then it becomes a dream ballet and they work it out through dance.'"

The scene comes when the Kens begin to fight each other on the beach before dancing it out.

Greta recalled she was asked by the execs: “Do you need this?”


“I was like, ‘Everything in me needs this.' They were like, ‘What do you even mean? What is a dream ballet?’ And I was like, ‘A dream ballet? Where do I begin!’”

She noted her dream ballet was similar to the one featured in the Gene Kelly and Debbie Reynolds, 'Singin’ in the Rain' in 1952.

“I was like, ‘If people could follow that in ‘Singin’ in the Rain,’ I think we’ll be fine. I think people will know what this is.’”

She did note, however, she was nervous the scene might flop.

“Even though everything felt right to me and was giving me so much joy in the way we were doing it. It was also like, ‘Oh no, this could be just terrible, but now I’m committed.’”


“I went around to different theaters and sort of stood in the back, and would then also turn up the volume if I felt it wasn’t playing at the perfect level."

“So, I thought, if I can make a movie that is half as fun to watch as it was to make, I think maybe we’ve got a shot."

Comments

Popular Posts