Josh Duhamel Reveals Reason Behind Fergie Breakup

Josh Duhamel has opened up about his relationship with ex-wife Fergie, and why their romance ultimately ended.

To a suggestion the relation taught him you can only accept people for who they are and not what you need them to be, he responded, "I'd say that's probably true, and she probably could say the same thing about me."

"You know I think we both agree that we're just very different. And we made an awesome kid. We get along great, and we get to raise him without any acrimony."

He admitted that life in the spotlight took a personal toll.


"I don't think I ever really got comfortable with it. It was just a lot. I missed the simplicity of who I really am. I'm just not a guy who is comfortable doing red carpets, doing all the Hollywood stuff. I don't hate it, I'm better at it now, but it just took me a long time to really feel like I belong, like I fit in. You know Hollywood and L.A., that whole lifestyle can suck the life out of you if you're not careful."

But he doesn't have any regrets about that part of his life.

"I've made peace with that part of my life. She and I have a great relationship. We're both raising that boy together. And there wasn't anything wrong with it. We actually had a great time, but I think we just kind of outgrew each other, and had very different interests."

"But I've got no hard feelings, I truly don't. I'm very lucky that she's a kind human, I really am."

"We both had parents who got divorced, who didn't get along so great. And we didn't want to go the same thing to our kid. I think that we both just wanted the same thing, and that is to create an easy place for him that isn't awkward, or uncomfortable or pressure-filled." 


Now, their son Axl is going to be a big brother as Josh and wife Audra Mari are expecting their first child together.

"He's like, 'Wait, now, am I going to be—you're still going to love me, though, too, right?' I was like, 'Of course I'm going to still going to love you.' And he's like, 'I'm still going to be your firstborn son, though, right?' I'm like, 'Yeah, you're still the firstborn son!'"

"He's really good with younger kids. So I think he's going to be a great older brother." 

Comments

Popular Posts