'The Price Is Right' Host Bob Barker Dead At Age 99
'Price Is Right' TV personality Bob Barker has passed away at the of 99. Several stars have paid tribute to him.
Bob was best known for hosting 'The Price Is Right' from 1972 until his retirement in 2007. He is also a 19 time Emmy winner, and drew praise from playing himself in Adam Sandler's 'Happy Gilmore.' This was his only big screen role. It earned him and Adam a 1996 MTV Movie Award for Best Fight.
Sandler said, "The man. The myth. The best. Such a sweet funny guy to hang out with. Loved talking to him. Loved laughing with him. Loved him kicking the crap out of me. He will be missed by everyone I know! Heartbreaking day. Love to Bob always and his family! Thanks for all you gave us!"
Drew Carey also paid tribute, having succeeded Barker as the host of 'The Price Is Right.'
"Very sad day for the Price Is Right family, and animal lovers all over the world. There hasn't been a day on set that I didn't think of Bob Barker and thank him. I will carry his memory in my heart forever. #RIPBobBarker We love you."
See below more star tributes to the personality:
Adam Sandler
"The man. The myth. The best Such a sweet funny guy to hang out with. Loved talking to him. Loved laughing with him. Loved him kicking the crap out of me. He will be missed by everyone I know! Heartbreaking day. Love to Bob always and his family! Thanks for all you gave us!"
Julie Bowen
"I will never forget Adam convincing Bob Barker to say the iconic line, 'the price is WRONG, bi*ch!' Bob was kind and polite and had declined to say the line, but he got swept up in the hilarious fight scene between him and Happy, he just…said it. It's one of my favorite filming memories ever."
"In honor of Bob: please remember to spay and neuter your pets. RIP Bob."
Rob Schneider
"One of the nicest things I ever heard in showbusiness was Bob Barker saying, 'I moved to Hollywood to be an actor and the only person who ever let me do it was Adam Sandler!' This scene with them was and will always be absolutely hilarious! God bless you, Bob."
Drew Carey
"Very sad day for the Price Is Right family, and animal lovers all over the world. There hasn't been a day on set that I didn't think of Bob Barker and thank him. I will carry his memory in my heart forever. #RIPBobBarker We love you."
J.J. Watt
"Rest in Peace Bob Barker, you legend. Thank you for being a consistent figure every single day and most importantly on days we stayed home from school 'sick.' 99 years. Hell of a run."
John Rich
"We watched Bob Barker all the time growing up, he the best there ever was! Remember the time @TheVannaWhite was asked to 'Come on down!' on The Price Is Right? He was an American treasure. RIP Bob Barker."










Comments
Post a Comment