Olga Carmona Learns of Dad’s Death After Scoring Winning Goal in World Cup Final
Soccer star Olga Carmona has received tragic news. Just hours after scoring the winning goal for Spain during the World Cup final, she learned of her father's death.
The Royal Spanish Football Federation confirmed the news in a statement, sharing their "most sincere hugs to Olga and her family in a moment of deep pain."
"We love you, Olga. You are the history of Spanish football."
Real Madrid, Olga's club also expressed their condolences.
"Real Madrid C.F., the president and the Board of Directors are deeply saddened by the passing of the father of our player Olga Carmona. Real Madrid would like to extend our condolences and heartfelt sympathy to Olga, her family and all her loved ones. May he rest in peace."
A spokesperson for the federation noted her father died after fighting a long illness.
Olga scored a 29th minute goal during the final, securing a 1-0 win over England. earning La Roja their first Women's World Cup title.
Just moments after the win, she was seen lifting her shirt celebrating, revealing the message "MERCHI" paying tribute to the mother of her best friend.
She also recently reflected on her father's passing, noting that "without knowing it" she had her "star before the game started."
"I know that you have given me the strength to achieve something unique. I know you have been watching me tonight and that you are proud of me. Rest in peace, dad."
The next day, she expressed gratitude for the support she received.
"I have no words to thank all your love. Yesterday was the best and the worst day of my life. I know that you would like to see me enjoy this historic moment, that is why I will be with my colleagues, so that from wherever you are you know that this star is also yours, dad."




Comments
Post a Comment