Logan Paul Walked Out of ‘Oppenheimer’ Because ‘Nothing Happened’
Logan Paul has revealed he wasn't impressed with Christopher Nolan's latest ambition 'Oppenheimer.'
“I walked out of Oppenheimer. I didn’t know what they were trying [to do]. What are you doing? Everyone’s just talking. It’s just an hour and a half, 90 minutes, of talking, just talking, talking.”
He was discussing the film with Danny and Michael Philippou on his podcast, and explained he felt the film's movement slogged and it was too dialogue driven.
“It’s all exposition. Nothing happened.”
He later shared the film isn't the first Christopher Nolan masterpiece he struggled to sit through. 'Interstellar' from 2014 he also felt was a letdown, but then changed his mind.
“I was also, separately, 18 minutes into Interstellar, and I was considering walking out because it was so slow, and now Interstellar’s one of my top three favorite movies."
'Oppenheimer' premiered in July alongside 'Barbie' and star Cillian Murphy, Robert Downey Jr., Florence Pugh, Josh Hartnett, Emily Blunt, and Matt Damon.
It has already grossed over $700 million at the international box office and is currently garnering Oscar buzz.
After Logan's comments, fans rushed to social media to defend the movie.
“He just can’t make a good choice omg."
“I think Logan needs a break.”
This also isn't the first time he made headlines for expressing unpopular opinions. Last year, he voiced distaste for 'Nope' with Jordan Peele.
“NOPE is one of the worst movies I’ve seen in a long time. I love Jordan Peele and Keke Palmer can act her ass off, but this movie is objectively slow and confusing with stretched themes that don’t justify the pace (a thread).”
“I love Peele, the VFX & aesthetic. But my thesis is this: I can feel him attempting to recreate the shock from Get Out and Us. Mystery, violent allure & cinematic choices made for the sake of reaction instead of legitimate contribution to the storyline killed this movie for me.”
When Daniel Kaluuya (who also starred in 'Nope') was asked about the critique from Logan, he responded with "Everyone’s entitled to their opinion.”




Comments
Post a Comment