Halle Berry & Olivier Martinez Finalise Divorce After 8 Years

Halle Berry and Olivier Martinez have finalised their divorce after eight years.

The couple first filed for divorce in October 2015, after three years of marriage, however, things were held up over the years due to the custody of their now 9-year-old son Maceo. 

Documents now reveal the duo have finally come to an agreement. They will share joint legal custody of Maceo, as well as physical custody.

The agreement also indicates Halle will pay for Maceo's tuition, school uniforms, and school supplies while he's in private school, equivalating to $8,000 a month as child support along with "4.3% of any income she receives above $2,000,000." 


She will also be responsible for the cost of Maceo's extracurricular activities, including soccer.

Martinez's legal team said, "The public documents filed in the matter should speak for themselves. The parties wanted more clarity in regards to Maceo's schedule and each of their respective time with their son. The Judgment was reached in mediation with the parties and their counsel."

The two met on the set of 'Dark Tide' in 2010, and were married three years later when Halle was pregnant with Maceo. She is also mother to 15 year old Nahla who she shares with ex Gabriel Aubry.

"It is with a heavy heart that we have come to the decision to divorce. We move forward with love and respect for one another and the shared focus of what is best for our son. We wish each other nothing but happiness in life and we hope that you respect our and, most importantly, our children's privacy as we go through this difficult period." 

In the years following, Halle found happiness in a new relationship with Van Hunt, debuting their relationship in September 2020.


"I wish I had met him sooner so I could have loved him longer. I just feel fulfilled. I feel happy in my life romantically, as a mother, as an artist. I'm a much better mother in this circumstance than I would have been had I stayed in a romantic relationship that didn't serve me and didn't make me feel the way I need to feel as a woman." 

"I'm reminded that we always have to take care of ourselves first, because I can't be a good mother for my children if I'm not fundamentally happy and feeling good about myself."

The two haven't been quiet about their relationship together, and Van recently posted a birthday shoutout to Halle.

"This is the woman i love. Behind the mask she makes me laugh til i hurt. i see her behind the mask. i always have. happy bday, my love."

Halle has revealed, as a mother, she tries to teach her kids to stand up for themselves, and be their own person.

"Use your voice. You have a right to be heard. You are loved and accepted just as you are. Only you define who you are. I'm trying to teach them to march to the beat of their own drum. Be true to themselves, and not be followers, but be leaders and innovators."

Comments

Popular Posts