Aerosmith Postpones Farewell Tour
Aerosmith has postponed their current farewell tour following lead Steven Tyler suffering vocal chord damage.
“I’m heartbroken to say I have received strict doctor’s orders not to sing for the next thirty days. I sustained vocal cord damage during Saturday’s show that led to subsequent bleeding. We’ll need to postpone a few dates so that we can come back and give you the performance you deserve.”
Upcoming shows in Detroit, Chicago, Washington D.C., Toronto, Raleigh, and Cleveland have been rescheduled to late January and February next year,
"All previously purchased tickets will be honored for the rescheduled dates. Refunds will be available for those unable to attend. Fans with questions regarding refunds are asked to reach out to their point of purchase.”
The band began their 'Peace Out: The Farewell Tour" on September 2nd, and following the newly announced hiatus, they will return on October 11th in Florida. The tour will then proceed to travel across America and Canada through to February next year.
Steven injury comes during a year of personal issues. Last December, a lawsuit was filed against him over allegations he sexually assaulted a women in the 1970s. Court documents say the woman claims she was persuaded by Steven to get an abortion after she became pregnant with his child as a teen.
Steven denied the allegations in April, claiming his relationship with the woman was consensual. He argued he had qualified immunity, having been a one-time legal guardian of the woman, and requested the lawsuit be dismissed as she "has not suffered any injury or damage.”
Steven and bandmates Tom Hamilton, Joey Kramer, Joe Perry and Brad Whitford are the latest musicians to postpone/cancel upcoming concert dates due to health scares.
Just earlier this month, Guns ‘N Roses postponed a performance in Missouri, due to a mysterious illness in the group.
Days earlier, Bruce Springsteen revealed he's suffering from peptic ulcer disease, and had to postpone the remainder of his September performances.
Back in August, Paramore announced they were rescheduling multiple shows due to Hayley Williams' ongoing lung infection.
Ed Sheeran also cancelled an early September concert in Las Vegas on hour before showtime.
“I can’t believe I’m typing this but there’s been some challenges encountered during the load in of our vegas show." He noted it was “impossible to go forward with the show.”
“I’m so sorry. I know everyone has traveled in for this and I wish I could change it. The gig will be postponed to Saturday, October 28th, and all purchased tickets will be valid for that date. I’m so, so sorry x.”





Comments
Post a Comment