Taylor Swift Fans Cause Earthquake Like Seismic Activity

Washington State seismologist Jackie Caplan-Auerbach has examined seismic activity outside Seattle, where Taylor Swift performed on July 22nd and July 23rd.

The activity caused seismic activity equivalent of a 2.3 magnitude earthquake.

"For Taylor Swift, I collected about 10 hours of data where rhythm controlled the behavior. The music, the speakers, the beat. All that energy can drive into the ground and shake it."

She performed the analysis in response to a query made, where someone wanted to know the differenced in signal between a Taylor Swift concert, and a Seattle Seahawks game.


Compared to the 2011 "Beast Quake," when fans responded excitedly to a touchdown, there was a clear winner.

"I will say Swifties have it in the bag. This was much bigger than the Beast Quake in terms of the raw amplitude of shaking and it went on for a whole lot longer, of course, the Beast Quake was a moment in time, but thus far the Swifties really have Seahawks fans beat."

She noted the "data from the concert may not be caused by the fans—it may be the sound system."

Some fans have even detailed the experience from inside the stadium.


"I was at the Sunday performance. That stadium really shook! It definitely felt like an earthquake! The bass tone was so intense it felt like it was going through my body...sounds odd, but that's how it felt. Concerts are always loud, but this one was different."

See below some more guest from Taylor's concerts throughout the Eras Tour. These ones are familiar faces though:


Mark Zuckerberg & Priscilla Chan


Mark Zuckerberg & Daughters

"Life of a girl dad."


Simu Liu

"what a night in seattle!!! i was absolutely BLOWN away by the eras tour, by taylor and by all of the amazing and kind swifties that stopped by the tent to say hello and give a bracelet. you really showed me that kindness always wins. bravo!!!"


Taylor Lautner, Joey King & Presley Cash


Flavor Fav

"In my RED (Taylor's Version) Era and makin new friends."


Julia Roberts

Sharing her view of the stage, "@taylorswift I Love You. Thank you for being EVERYTHING WE EVER NEEDED! Ever."


Fletcher

"no lies detected."


Drew Barrymore

"I cried so hard when you sang welcome to NEW YORK. I moved here not knowing where my life was going. And I actually found myself so happy in this chapter. I also cried watching my daughters and cousin Sadie watch and love and sing to someone so admirable. YOU. I LOVE YOU TAYLOR SWIFT!!!!!!!! You are the role model all of us girls and women need."

"Thank you for one of the best nights of our lives. We are so lucky to have seen your show... You transcend. And make life beautiful. Everyone passing beaded bracelets around. Witnessing the good."


Busy Philipps

"thank you for the magic that you've brought into my and my kids lives. Birdie adores you and I really think you would love her too."


Miles Teller


Keleigh Teller


Keleigh Teller

"48 hours in ERAs heaven."


Julia Garner


Cara Delevingne and Mariska Hargitay

"lil #BadBlood reunion"


Matt Rogers and Bowen Yang


Lola Tung and Jenny Han


Kathryn Gallagher

"eras tour here i come baby."


Rachel Zegler

"i came dressed as betty"


Laura Dern


Shania Twain


Cara Delevingne


Clea Shearer


Danica Patrick

"We were all so in the moment that we didn't take many pictures together and I didn't even take that many videos. @taylorswift sang 44 songs and it was the most amazing concert I have ever seen. Swiftie for life."


JJ Watt

"I went to the Taylor Swift concert last night with my wife and her friends. First off, unbelievable. The production, the set design, the video boards, the sound quality, the speakers. You can tell when somebody does something at the top of their game and is trying to do the right way for their fans."


Gigi Hadid

"I Want To Bottle This Moment Up Forever #ERASTOUR ❤️🧡💛💚💙💜."


Josh Gad

“It’s me. Hi. I’m the dad. It’s me."


Trista Sutter

"This night was sparkling ✨ We won’t let it go… 🎶 (Like ever)."


Patrick and Brittany Mahomes


Jennifer Garner

“Our minds are still blown by the generosity of spirit, ferocity and stamina of Taylor Swift."


Joey King


Taylor Lautner

“He was a very positive force in my life when I was making the Speak Now album and I want to say he did every single stunt that you saw in that music video. He and his wife have become some of my closest friends and it’s very convenient because we all share the same first name," Taylor Swift said.


Russell Dickerson


Betty Who

“You know I’m a #reputation stan."


Suki Waterhouse

“This was a huge moment for me!!!! I love u Taylor thanks for having me."


Emily Ratajkowski

“Swiftie Era”


Nicky Hilton

“Witnessing the pure joy in their eyes as they experience their very first concert."


Noah Galvin and Ben Platt


Gordon Ramsay


Aaron Rodgers


Gal Gadot

“Even with one happy and sleepy child, I had the best time. @taylorswift you’re an inspiration."


Mike Myers


Ben Stiller


Maren Morris

“Just a tiny club show. She’s gonna be huge someday!”


Paul Rudd


Bradley Cooper


Robin Roberts

“Everything about @taylorswift concert last night was incredible! Her singing, the dancers, the different settings…all spectacular!👏🏽. Huge bonus was finally meeting this dynamic, talented woman @therealmariskahargitay. Have admired her for years! I’m not the only one who feels that way. Swifties know that Taylor named one of her beloved cats after Mariska’s character on #SVU Olivia Benson!💕.”


Hoda Kotb


Mariska Hargitay


Grace Hightower and Suzanne Johnson


Cara Delevingne


Lin-Manuel Miranda and Molly Ringwald

“What if I told you I’m a mastermind. @taylorswift ftw, what an incredible show."


Shawn Mendes and Camila Cabello


Jenna Bush Hager

“ONE for the ERAS! TS ❤️forever. So fun being a family of Swifties."


Jennifer Lawrence


Bethenny Frankel

“She is a great role model for my sweet girl Bryn. She was perfectly punctual (which is a first in my lifetime) and performed her heart out for all three hours — singing, guitar, and piano. She truly is a triple threat who deserves every ounce of her success. I rarely say, ‘I couldn’t do what she does,’ but that was a performance of a lifetime. She now has a new fan.”


Lena Dunham


Sabrina Carpenter


Blake Lively

“There are a few of the characters [in ‘Betty’] that I actually, fun fact, named after real people in my life who I love more than anything. And their names are James, Inez and Betty," Taylor Swift said.


Matty Healy


Mariska Hargitay

“It's like I got this music in my mind. Saying it's gonna be alright” 🎶Thank you magnificent and miraculous @taylorswift for your magic."

"It’s such a gift to be in your stunning, sparkly, powerful and délicate wonderland. How do you make a stadium filled with 70,000 people feel like your cozy living room♥️ You are pure magic! Thank you for exquisite talent, your courage and all your wisdom. Your STAMINA!!and your #SHIMMER #ShakeItOff glorious night @reesewitherspoon and avaphillippe♥️💃🏻🙏🏼😘 #Nashville #erastour.”


Reese Witherspoon

“What a night to remember! @taylorswift in front of 70,000 incredible fans ✨. The stellar song choices, inspired choreography, other-worldly art design ... an incredible night to dance, sing and feel so much JOY .. thank you @taylorswift and the whole ERAS tour team for shining so bright tonight ✨💫⭐️.”


JoAnna Garcia Swisher

"@taylorswift thank you for one of the most memorable and incredible nights of our lives. The way you share your talent, your thoughts, and your heart with your fans is incredible. Watching my girls experience your show was something I will never forget ❤️."


Joe Locke


Joanna Gaines

"Such an unbelievable show."


Jack Antonoff


Billy Joel

“Rockin’ into our new ‘era’ thank you @Taylorswift we loved the show! #swifties #taylorswift #theerastour."


Aaron Dessner


Selena Gomez

“Thank you bestie for having me and my sissy transport into your mystical, euphoric and special world. Proud to know you! Love you forever and always.”


Emma Stone

"Emma stone losing her gd mind over YBWM."


HAIM


Hayley Williams

"Queens supporting queens."


Samara Weaving


Emma Watson


Emma Roberts


Nathan Chen

"Not not a Swiftie."


Ellen Pompeo


Shania Twain

"What a show!"


Chloe Grace Moretz


Diplo

"I'm a motherf--king Swiftie now come at me."


Ethan Hawke


Frankie Jonas


Comments

Popular Posts