Ryan Gosling Believes 'The Bachelorette' Men Are Like Ken
Greta Gerwig has revealed Ryan Gosling's reality TV inspiration in terms of creating of the character of Ken.
“I’ve never seen The Bachelor, but Ryan Gosling — when we started talking about Ken, he said, ‘Oh, the Kens remind me of [how the contestants] on The Bachelorette [are] when the woman isn’t around. They don’t know what to do with themselves. They’re doing, like, push-ups and they kind of are competitive with each other and if one guy wears glasses and then another guy wears glasses he’s like, no you took my thing, I’m the guy with glasses."
The innate version of Ken created by Ryan was one of the reasons Greta knew he was the right man for the job.
“We knew we were writing the part [of Barbie] for Margot [Robbie], so in writing we cast Ryan. We wrote his name into the script. It was the thing that I was like, ‘I know.’ And then when we handed them the script the studio was like, ‘Oh that’s so wonderful that you know Ryan.’ And I was like, ‘Oh, I don’t know Ryan. I’ve never met Ryan.' But you know those actors, whether they do comedy or not, they have funny rhythms in them? You can sort of feel that they know what’s funny? I always felt that about him.”
She noted having to rely on Ryan for 'The Bachelor' details, but said she "probably would love" all of it.
“I love Love Is Blind. I love it so much. I love people falling in love on television [and] in their hearts. It just makes me so happy.”
She even confessed to having kept up with the love story of Lauren and Cameron Hamilton from season one.
“They’re in love, Lauren and Cameron. They’re doing great. Lauren and Cameron, wherever you are, best of luck.”
Greta is also the director of 2017's 'Ladybird' and the most recent 'Little Women' adaptation, and may have just helmed this year's biggest film, or one of. She admitted to still having nerves about starting her next project, writing and directing at least two of the upcoming 'Chronicles of Narnia' films.
Based on the C.S. Lewis novels, the movies will premiere on Netflix.
“I haven’t even really started wrapping my arms around it, but I’m properly scared of it, which feels like a good place to start. I think when I’m scared, it’s always a good sign. Maybe when I stop being scared, it’ll be like, ‘Maybe I shouldn’t do that one.’ No, I’m terrified of it. It’s extraordinary. And it’s exciting.”
“I hope to make all different kinds of movies in the course of the time I get to make movies, which — it’s a long time, but it’s also limited. I want to do big things and small things and everywhere in between, and having another big canvas is exciting and also daunting.”





Comments
Post a Comment