Jennifer Aniston Denounces Jamie Foxx Antisemitism

Jennifer Aniston is clarifying her social media activity, following being accused of "liking" Jamie Foxx's apparent antisemitic message.

“This really makes me sick. I did not ‘like’ this post on purpose or by accident. And more importantly, I want to be clear to my friends and anyone hurt by this showing up in their feeds — I do NOT support antisemitism. And I truly don’t tolerate HATE of any kind. Period.”

Just hours earlier, Jamie posted a troubling message that read, "They killed this dude name Jesus … They’ll do to you???! #Fake Friends #Fake Love."

He was met almost immediately with backlash, accused of spreading antisemitic rhetoric. He has since deleted the post, however a screenshot revealed Jennifer appeared to drop a "like" on the post.


Jamie has since issued an apology.

“I want to apologize to the Jewish community and everyone who was offended by my post. I now know my choice of words have caused offense and I’m sorry. That was never my intent.”

“To clarify, I was betrayed by a fake friend and that’s what I meant with ‘they’ not anything more. I only have love in my heart for everyone. I love and support the Jewish community. My deepest apologies to anyone who was offended. ❤️ ❤️ ❤️.”

The scandal and rebuttal comes almost one year after stars came together to denounce similar comments made by Kanye West.

Kanye had shared troubling messages on Twitter and Instagram, detailing his desire to go "death con 3 {sic}" on Jewish individuals in October last year.


He was locked out of his accounts, losing many billion-dollar brand deals, and has since apologised.

Many A-listers at the time denounced antisemitism amid a rise of hate speech and attacks on Jewish people.

Reese Witherspoon said, “Antisemitism in any form is deplorable. In person. Online. Doesn’t matter where. It’s hate and it’s unacceptable. Completely understand why my Jewish friends/colleagues are frightened for their families. This is a very scary time.”

Florence Pugh said, “Any form of hate speech only encourages, it grows and spreads like a disease. Any whisper of anti-semitism is dangerous and needs to be addressed and taken down.”


Jamie refused to "speak ill" of his friend. “All those guys that you’re missing, every time I talk to them, I hold them up [and] I hold them down, I say, ‘Remember when we used to have fun and smile and be goofy?’ Let’s get back to that and the world will take care of [itself]. But, if we allow ourselves to stop having fun, especially on our side, then who’s gonna go for it. … We only got one life to live, there’s so much craziness.”

Comments

Popular Posts