Driver Charged With Death of Treat Williams

Ryan Koss has been named the driver charged with the death of actor Treat Williams, and revealed he was “friends” with the star prior to their road collision.

He has been charged with grossly negligent operation with death resulting. It was reported he was driving a Honda Element SUV that turned into the path of Williams’ motorcycle on June 12th. 

Treat was taken to Albany Medical Center in Albany, New York, for critical injuries, where he later died. The official cause of death was severe trauma and blood loss. He was 71 years old.

Koss released a statement after voluntarily meeting with officials to be processed and charged. He is “confident the facts will show I obeyed all relevant traffic laws, and the State’s charges are unwarranted."


“I am devastated by Mr. Williams’s tragic passing. I have known Treat for years, both as a member of this tight-knit community and fellow theater maker. I considered him a friend. I know his family feels his sudden loss even more deeply than I do, and I offer my sincerest condolences to them.”

Treat is survived by his wife Pam Van Sant, and their children Gill (31) and Elinor 'Ellie' (25)

Ellie said at the time of his death, “This is a pain I have never felt. I am absolutely shattered. Thank you to everyone who has sent messages and kept our family in your hearts during this terrible heartbreak.”

His rep confirmed his death hours before, "He was killed this afternoon. He was making a left or a right [and] a car cut him off. I’m just devastated. He was the nicest guy. He was so talented.”

His family and friends mourned him at an intimate memorial service on June 19th in Vermont.


Comments

Popular Posts