Angus Cloud Dead At Age 25
'Euphoria' star Angus Cloud had died at his family's home in California at the age of 25.
"It is with the heaviest heart that we had to say goodbye to an incredible human today. As an artist, a friend, a brother and a son, Angus was special to all of us in so many ways."
"Last week, he buried his father and intensely struggled with this loss. The only comfort we have is knowing Angus is now reunited with his dad, who was his best friend. Angus was open about his battle with mental health and we hope that his passing can be a reminder to others that they are not alone and should not fight this on their own in silence."
"We hope the world remembers him for his humor, laughter and love for everyone. We ask for privacy at this time as we are still processing this devastating loss."
No cause of death has been revealed, and HBO have released a tribute to the star best known for playing drug dealer Fezco on 'Euphoria.'
"We are incredibly saddened to learn of the passing of Angus Cloud. He was immensely talented and a beloved part of the HBO and Euphoria family. We extend our deepest condolences to his friends and family during this difficult time."
Angus was expected to appear in season three, following his character narrowly surviving a shooting at the end of season two.
"I can't wait to get back to work with everyone. I feel like it's been way too long. I just can't wait to see everyone and working on set again. Definitely not sure what to expect for Fezco, but knowing [Euphoria creator] Sam [Levinson], it will be good."
Angus grew up in the Bay Area of California, and attended Oakland School for the Arts, where Zendaya also studied,
He was discovered in Brooklyn and cast in his breakout role in 'Euphoria.'
"I was with some friends. We were just hanging out."
When he became a fan favourite on the show, he emphasised he's not exactly like his stoner character.
"It does bother me, when people are like, ‘It must be so easy! You get to go in and be yourself.' I'm like, ‘Why don't you go and do that?' It's not that simple. I brought a lot to the character. You can believe what you want. It ain't got nothing to do with me."
"It surprised me, because I'm not in there sweating and busting my ass, but mentally, I get off work, get in the car and go, ‘S--t! What the f--k? I'm tired as f--k, and not even doing s--t!' I'm a pretty easygoing, goofy guy. But Fezco doesn't laugh or smile too much."
A decade before his passing, he survived a near death experience, falling into a construction pit while walking at night.
"I woke up 12 hours later at the bottom. I was trapped. It was hella hard to climb out, because my skull was broken, but my skin wasn't, so all the bleeding was internal, pressing up against my brain."
All he wanted was to go to sleep when he got home, but he credits his mother for thinking on her feet.
"I would have died. She gave me some water, and I started throwing up hella mouthfuls of crimson red blood. Shit was crazy. So then my mama took me to the children's hospital, and they saved my life. That's what the scar's from. They cut my head open, they put some screws and a plate over where I broke my skull and—s--t, sealed me back up, and that was that."
He also appeared on 'North Hollywood' and 'The Line' as well as in music videos for Becky G, Karol G and Juice WRLD.
It was reported his mother reported a “possible overdose” to 911 before he was pronounced dead.
The Oakland Police Department responded to his residence around 11:30AM, after his mother called dispatch and revealed her son didn't have a pulse. First responders later pronounced him dead on the scene.
Angus has also been open about how hard it is to play a drug dealer on TV amid his own struggles.
“Sympathy, yo. Because addiction is serious and a lot of doctors call it a disease, it’s a real thing. People don’t understand it. It’s easy to talk about and it’s easy to say, ‘Just say no.' But for someone who is in active addiction, that is damn near impossible and they will throw their whole life away and they will die because of this disease or whatever, and then they will say it’s not a disease because you ‘choose’ to do drugs. You don’t ‘choose’ to do cancer.”
Just one month before, he was planning on expanding his resume, hoping to work on a variety of different projects.
“I want to keep making cool projects and just keep being a part of just making cool art. I’m a pretty goofy guy in real life, so it’d be fun to try and see If I could bring that goofiness to the camera.”
“Also I want to be in something like [Fantastic Four]. I want to do some [Harry Potter-esque] ‘Wingardium Leviosa.’ I’m ready for it all man. There’s like infinite universes that you can be a part of.”
Since his passing, he has mourned by many of his 'Euphoria' costars.
Zendaya
“Words are not enough to describe the infinite beauty that is Angus (Conor). I’m so grateful I got the chance to know him in this life, to call him a brother, to see his warm kind eyes and bright smile, or hear his infectious cackle of a laugh (I’m smiling now just thinking of it).”
“I know people use this expression often when talking about folks they love … ‘they could light up any room they entered’ but boy let me tell you, he was the best at it. I’d like to remember him that way. For all of the boundless light, love and joy he always managed to give us. I’ll cherish every moment. My heart is with his mother and family at this time and please be kind and patient as grief looks different for everyone.”
Sydney Sweeney
"Angus you were an open soul, with the kindest heart, and you filled every room with laughter. This is the hardest thing ive ever had to post, and im struggling to find all the words. You will be missed more than you know, but I'm so blessed to have known you in this lifetime, and I'm sure everyone who has ever met you feels the same. This heartache is real and I wish we could've had one more hug and 711 run. All my love is with you. 🖤."
Paula Marshall
“You couldn’t take your eyes off him, on film or on set. How lucky we all were to have witnessed his work. It was beyond truthful, every damn take. My heart hurts.”
Alexa Demie
She posted a single broken heart emoji on her Instagram story.
Colman Domingo
“Couldn’t be more real, original and sweet. Loved this kid. Always smiles. I hope his sensitive soul is at rest. Check on loved ones. Check on them.”
Sam Levinson
“There was no one quite like Angus. He was too special, too talented and way too young to leave us so soon. He also struggled, like many of us, with addiction and depression. I hope he knew how many hearts he touched. I loved him. I always will. Rest in peace and God Bless his family.”
Storm Reid
“The tears just won’t stop."
Javon Walton
“Rest easy brother❤️🕊️. Forever family.”















Comments
Post a Comment