Whoopi Goldberg Stops ‘The View’ Over Miranda Lambert Debate

Upon Miranda Lambert's recent controversy arising, Whoopi Goldberg stopped 'The View.'

The panelists were discussing the country singer scolding fans for taking selfies.

“I’m gonna stop right here for a second, I’m sorry. These girls are worried about their selfie and not listening to the song. It’s pissing me off a little bit. Sorry, I don’t like it. At all. We’re here to hear some country music tonight. I’m singing some country damn music.”

'The View' co-host Sunny Hostin sided with the concertgoers arguing that she's "going to take as many selfies as I want if I paid $757 for tickets.”

Whoopi however was bothered by the support for the fans.


“You know what? Stay home. If you’re going to spend $750 to come to my concert, then give me the respect of watching me while I do my thing, or don’t come.”

Sunny defended herself saying she enjoys looking back at the memories, and prompted Whoopi to "turn on the television, girl.”

Whoopi proceeded to rise from her chair at the desk and walked toward to audience saying, "I’m leaving y’all!”

She even decided to do a mid-show selfie of her own.

“I want to take a picture with this marvelous woman, who is 91. So, we’re going to do a selfie. Just me and you. Will you push that button? We’ll be right back.”


The hosts seem to be teasing in good fun, but several Miranda Lambert fans said they were upset at her handling of the situation.

The fan who was caught taking the selfie said she felt like she was “back at school with the teacher scolding me for doing something wrong and telling me to sit down back in my place.”

“I feel like she was determined to make us look like we were young, immature and vain. But we were just grown women in our 30s to 60s trying to take a picture," adding it took around "30 seconds at most," to take the picture.

Comments

Popular Posts