Soap Star Andrea Evans Dead at 66
Soap actress Andrea Evans, known for 'One Life to Live' and 'Passions' has died at the age of 66 following a battle with cancer.
She rose to fame as Tina on 'One Life to Live,' playing the from 1978 to 1981, then again from 1985 to 1990.
She continued to appear on other daytime TV series including 'The Bold and the Beautiful,' 'Passions,' and 'The Young and the Restless.'
Over her career, she earned two Daytime Emmy nominations, one for 'Outstanding Ingenue in a Drama Series' in 1998 and one for 'Outstanding Performer in a New Approaches Drama Series' in 2015.
She is survived by her husband and daughter Kylie. Previously married to Wayne Massey from 1981 to 1983.
In May last year she shared a post on Instagram from her daughter's high school graduation.
“And this happened yesterday. My baby is all grown up. So proud❤️ #classof2022."
Earlier that month, they got matching tattoos in honor of Kylie’s 18th birthday.
“If you look closely mine has a K, hers has an A. Love my girl sooo much."
Andrea also worked for multiple animal rescue organisations and had recently completed a memoir 'My One Life to Live.'
She has also spoken out about the importance of preventative health care.
“I want to scream, ‘No! No! Don’t listen!’ If I hadn’t had that mammogram, I wouldn’t be here today.”
Her costar, Robin Strasser has shared a tribute to the late soap star.
“This is sad to hear. My memories of #AndreaEvans are of a woman who was super smart & energized and a heat seeking missile. That’s a compliment. You knew when you worked with her, it’d be like going head to head with a champion. I admired her daring. I hate the disease that look her.”




Comments
Post a Comment