NeNe Leakes Breaks Silence on Son’s Drug Arrest
NeNe Leakes has broken her silence around her son Bryson's drug arrest, after he was booked on multiple charges including violating probation, possession of a schedule II controlled substance, loitering/prowling, and giving a false name to a law enforcement officer. He allegedly told police he was his younger brother, Brentt.
NeNe claimed he "needs rehabilitation" and "a lot of counselling."
“He has an addiction. He’s been struggling with it for years. As a mom, just to watch it is — my hands are tied. You know, he’s 31 years old, he’s an adult. He has three children, three beautiful children who I adore. He has a wife. [There’s] not much that I can do.”
She pointed out it has to be the person suffering the addiction who needs to be ready to make a change.
“I have spent so much money to get Bryson where he need to be, but every time I sent him off, I said, ‘You are giving your ass up and we are sending you off.’ But I learned through counseling myself that he has to say, ‘I am ready to go,’ not me making him go. So until Bryson is ready to make a change, there’s nothing I can do.”
She claimed she was "kinda numb" to his issues "because it’s been happening for so many years.”
In 2012, she refused to bail him out of jail after he was caught stealing razors from a Wal-Mart.
He was already on probation, and NeNe was furious.
“He’s had a really easy life, so now I’m gonna show him what a hard life is. He’s gonna stay in jail, I’m not getting him out, and he can figure it out from behind bars."
She noted how being on a TV show from the time he was a teen influenced his drug abuse.
“I don’t think it helped, but I don’t think it was the sole cause of it," noting the show brought attention that her sons “did not ask for.”




Comments
Post a Comment