Morgan Evans Releases New Song Following Kelsea Ballerini Split
Morgan Evans has released a "heavy" new song following his divorce from Kelsea Ballerini, with some fans believing it sounds an awful lot like one of her hits.
Morgan shared a video of himself performing 'Tequila Man,' in that caption hinting it was inspired by "some heavy stuff I think a lot of people go through but never talk about [sic].”
He strums the guitar while singing, “Felt like my whole life just turned to hell / She told me that there was somebody else / Going on a year or two / She just had to tell the truth.”
“I took off my ring and took off out the drive / With a wave of hurt and rage across my mind / I guess I followed my heart [and] wound up in this bar.”
“I’ll take a tequila, man / Pour one up tall and strong as you can / One that might just make me forget everything / Fill me up again with tequila, man.”
Plenty of fans praised his songwriting, one noting his "heart is healing" post-divorce, other claiming the melody sounded familiar.
“Why does the beginning sound like leave me again."
“And I hooooope IIIII never leeeeeeave me again – me singing along.”
The two split in August 2022 after being married for almost five years.
“This deeply difficult decision is the result of a journey of love, growth, and effort that ultimately has come to an end. It’s hard to find the words here … but I feel extremely grateful for the years of marriage to Morgan and hopeful for the next seasons."
Morgan on the other hand said, “I am very sad to confirm that after almost 5 years of marriage, Kelsea and I are parting ways. I wish it were otherwise but sadly it is not.”
Their divorce sent shockwaves through the country music scene, with a source noting they "had no choice but to officially separate” after previously taking a break “privately.”
The insider noted they were “working on their marriage for many years” and went to therapy before their split.
Kelsea filed for divorce, before they reached a settlement three months later.
After moving on with Chase Stokes, Kelsea released an emotional EP on Valentine's Day, delving deeper in the separation.
'Leave Me Again' describes her wishes for her and her ex-husband in their new chapter.
“I hope when I see you that you smile / I hope that you find somebody new / I hope that you get the house, and the good wife, and the kids / And I hope I never leave me again."
Morgan has also previously released a song inspired by the divorce 'Over for You.'
Kelsea has previously confessed she felt "really used” after hearing the song.
“I felt like it was really opportunistic for him to put that out when he did — when we were still going through the legalities of getting divorced. … His healing journey is his healing journey and I respect that. But publicly exploiting it feels a little nasty to me — before it [was] final.”
“Who you marry is not who you divorce. … And I have grace, I really do, because I do know that he was hurt and is hurt. But how was I married to this person for so long and I had no idea that that bit of character was tucked within that human being? That’s what’s hard for me.”





Comments
Post a Comment