Miranda Lambert Stops Concert Over Selfies
Miranda Lambert has stopped a concert and called out fans for taking a selfie.
A TikTok video showcases the moment when Miranda was preparing to perform 'Tin Man' and notices fans taking selfies in the crowd.
“You shouldn’t spend your whole life wishin’ / For somethin’ bound to fall apart,” she began before interrupting herself and her accompanist to tell off the concertgoers.
“I’m gonna stop right here for a second, I’m sorry. These girls are worried about their selfie and not listening to the song. It’s pissing me off a little bit. Sorry, I don’t like it. At all.”
“We’re here to hear some country music tonight. I’m singing some country damn music.”
When she started the song again, some fans appeared appalled at her response.
“Let’s go. Come on. You don’t do that to fans,” one said leading a line of several fans exiting their seats.
Miranda has previously opened up about the meaning behind 'Tin Man.'
“I guess going through a lot of times where I felt pretty empty, I understood a whole new meaning. I mean, how many times have we seen The Wizard of Oz? But, something that the world shares is everyone knows what the Tin Man represents; cold, and empty, and loneliness, and heartless. And it just opened my eyes to it even more, going through pain myself. [It was] sort of an epiphany.”
The song was penned following the separation from ex-husband Blake Shelton in 2015 after four years of marriage.
“I wasn’t prepared for that. I’m a singer-songwriter so, luckily, I can tell my whole truth. I will not lie in my music.”
Since the divorce, she's acknowledged she's "grown up."
“I’ve learned a lot about myself and I think at some point you start to settle into who you are. I think that’s why you feel that peace coming from me because I feel at peace with myself.”
Miranda married Brendan McLoughlin in 2019, and although it's not without dramatic moments, they couldn't be happier.
“Miranda and Brendan are doing amazing and even though it’s been a few years since they got married, they still feel like newlyweds. They would love to have a baby together in the near future. Miranda has always had that caring and nurturing side to her … she’s ready for that next step.”
Now, the fan is speaking out after being called out by Miranda.
“It felt like I was back at school with the teacher scolding me for doing something wrong and telling me to sit down back in my place. I feel like she was determined to make us look like we were young, immature and vain. But we were just grown women in our 30s to 60s trying to take a picture.”
She noted the photo took "30 seconds at most" to take, that they "took the picture quickly and were going to sit back down” before Miranda caught them.
“We just couldn’t get one good picture. We were so excited because I think we had the best seats in the house in the whole theater,” she said adding she was “appalled” by Miranda's comments.
The comments section of the video quickly sparked debate.
“People pay to go see you and if they want to take a picture of the memories they are making it shouldn’t make a crap! They are fans who paid!!”
“She could have finished her song and just said some blanket statement like ‘let’s try to be in the moment and stay off our phones’ if she felt like.”
The concertgoer didn't seem to take the incident to heart. While sharing concert photos she said, "These are the pictures we were taking when Miranda Lambert stopped her concert and told us to sit down and not take selfies 😱.”






Comments
Post a Comment