Mindy Kaling Claims People Take Her Weight Loss ‘So Personally’
Mindy Kaling has come forward saying people have been so open about her weight loss, but it doesn't mean she's okay with the public discourse about it.
“It’s not super exciting for me to talk about my body and how it’s analyzed."
She was asked how she felt about fans saying they've "lost" a body positivity ally while she's been on this journey.
“So I think I’m just not going to get into it because it takes over the conversation unfortunately and people take it so personally."
Last month, she opened up about wanting to be healthy for her children, no matter how "hard" it is for her.
“I’m just trying to be present for them (hard for me! I’m impatient!), being up for anything (again hard for me, I am not whimsical!), and stay healthy for these two guys (ALSO hard! I just want to eat cheesesteaks every meal in front of the TV) for until I’m an old gray skeleton they’re like ‘Mom, you gotta go.’ My doctor told me that this year I was the healthiest I’ve been in years. That’s a pretty damn good gift, right?”
Just one year earlier, she mentioned it's imperative to "live a long time because I’m a single mom.”
Despite speculation surrounding how she lost the weight, she said it was through old-fashioned exercise and healthy eating.
“I wish there was something more juicy or dynamic about the way that I’ve lost a little bit of weight, but that’s the way I’ve done it."
In celebration of her newfound comfort, she launched her own Andie swimsuit collaboration in May, and a partnership with Lion Pose, a new skincare line for people of colour.
“I’ve always struggled with hyperpigmentation and I’m always trying to find products that help with my acne scars and dark spots, but that don’t also change my skin tone. I feel incredibly lucky that I’m someone who’s celebrated for my dark brown skin. And I did not want to change that.”




Comments
Post a Comment