Skip to main content

Michelle Yeoh Is Married!

Michelle Yeoh has finally tied the knot following a 6992 day (19 year) engagement, marrying longtime love, ex-Ferrari CEO Jean Todt in an intimate ceremony.

“We met in Shanghai on 4th June 2004. On 26th July 2004, J.T proposed to marry M.Y and she said YES. Today after 6992 days on 27th July 2023 in Geneva, surrounded by loving family and friends, we are so happy to celebrate this special moment together!"

Massa, a guest, shared a series of photos of the couple and loved ones, including a selfie of him with the couple, and Michelle's 2023 'Best Actress' Oscar statue.

Another photo showed Michelle in a cream silk shirt, and tasseled cream skirt standing next to her husband, Massa, and other wedding guests.


There were also shots of Michelle in a nude lace dress with a silk bodice, and one with her and Todt in a dapper blue suit.

“Happy marriage #JeanTodt & #michelleyeoh love you so much . ❤️❤️."

This day comes after Michelle became the first Asian woman in history to win the award for 'Best Actress.'

"This is actually a historical moment, and I have to thank the Academy for acknowledging, embracing diversity and true representation."

"I think this is something that we have been working so hard towards for a very long time, and tonight we freaking broke that glass ceiling. I Kung Fu'd it out and shattered it, and we need this because there are so many who felt unseen, unheard."


"It's not just the Asian community. This is for the Asian community and anyone who has been identified as a minority."

"Thank you, thank you. For all the little boys and girls who look like me watching tonight, this is a beacon of hope and possibilities. This is proof that, dream big, and dreams do come true. And ladies don't let anybody tell you you are ever past your prime. Never give up."

"I wouldn't be standing here tonight without the Daniels, without A24, without my amazing cast and crew, without everyone who was involved with Everything Everywhere All at Once. I have to dedicate this to my mom, all the moms in the world, because they are really the superheroes. And without them none of us would be here tonight."


"She's 84, and I'm taking this home to her. She's watching right now, in Malaysia with my family and friends. I love you guys, and I'm bringing this home to you. And also to my extended family in Hong Kong where I started my career. Thank you for letting me stand on your shoulders, giving me a leg up, so I can be here today."

"And to my godchildren, to my sisters, all of them, to my brothers, to my family — thank you! Thank you! Thank you to the Academy, this is history in the making."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The ‘Frasier’ Reboot Has Arrived!

'Frasier' has come back, 30 years after the debut of the original series.  The Paramount+ revival dropped its first two episodes on October 12th, and while Kelsey Grammer’s Dr. Crane is front, center and back, he’s the only character to return. Despite stars David Hyde Pierce (Niles Crane), Peri Gilpin (Roz Doyle) and Jane Leeves (Daphne Moon) not retuning, the new episodes have new personalities to shake up Dr. Crane’s life. The revival follows Frasier moving from Seattle back to Boston to reconnect with his son, Freddy, and accept a teaching job at Harvard University. Keep reading for a full guide on the new characters: Freddy Crane Played by Jack Cutmore-Scott, Freddy is a firefighter who dropped out of Harvard and has a fractured and contentious relationship with Frasier. Jack is an actor from London and has had major roles in 'Kingsman: The Secret Service,' 'Deception' and 'Tenet. Alan Cornwall Nicholas Lyndhurst portrays Alan, Frasier’s old college fri

Surfer Mikala Jones Dead at 44

Professional surfer Mikala Jones has died following a freak surfing accident at the age of 44. His daughter broke the news.  It was revealed he was surfing along the coast of the Mentawai Islands while staying in Indonesia, when a surfboard fin severed his femoral artery from a 10cm wound inside his left groin. Isabella (his daughter) shared a meaningful tribute. “I’m in so much disbelief right now, this doesn’t feel real. I love you so much dad and I wish I could give you one last hug. I wish I could tell you again how much I love you and thank you for being the best dad. I wish you were still here with us, you weren’t supposed to leave yet. This is too soon.” “I know you are in a good place now with nana vi, and your friends. I wish this never happened and we could just wake up and go surf together tomorrow morning." “I’m not sure how to put this in words, but my dad got into a bad surfing accident and didn’t make it. I'm happy he was doing what he loved the most. Life will

See The Best Red Carpet Looks of 2023 So Far

The stars of Hollywood NEVER miss a moment to shine in some fabulous fashion choices.  Keke Palmer started the year in a sequin Michael Kors Collection gown, featuring a plunging neckline and sexy cutouts at the sides, attending the New York Film Critics Circle Awards on January 4th. She paired the look with a dainty choker with he styled in Senegalese twists. La La Anthony let everyone know pewter looks will dominate the next 12 months, stepping out in a silver off the shoulder dress by Vivienne Westwood for the BMF season 2 premiere on January 5th. It featured a gathered design at the waist and thick straps. She paired it with coordinating nail polish and had her hair half up, half down. Janelle Monáe delivered in tulle at the National Board of Review Awards on January 8th, sporting a black Valentino gown featuring princess-like sleeves and a billowing skirt. It was finished with a cutout at the bodice lined with crystals. Monáe paired it with a polished updo and a black headband.  T