Madonna's Ballet Classmate Admits To Fling

Prior to Madonna being the superstar she is, she was a 19 year old dance student at the University of Michigan, and now her ballet classmate and fling Peter Kentes (now 72) is sharing his story about their relationship, which apparently included a naked shower together.

He also revealed rarely seen images and video from their college days, as she battles a health crisis delaying her highly-anticipated world tour.

The photos are not what you would expect from the superstar image she's built for herself during her career.

The pictures show pre-fame Madonna in a red and yellow floral print dress, with white crew socks and pink ballet flats.


Peter still teaches dance at the university, and was a 28 year old grad student at the time, casting Madonna is his thesis performance.

He noted he took pictures of each dancer included in his piece against a brick wall outside.

Madonna can be seen playfully bending over, exposing her blue underwear in one image.

“She was very willing to be photographed. She was very open and very trusting. I thought the results were great and have always thought those shots were really exceptional. Madonna danced in front of the audience as those photographs were projected on the wall behind her during the performance,."

While they were friends, he found her "energy" and "very outspoken" ways quite attractive.

“She was a workaholic with intense physical energy. Instead of just sitting around, she’d be doing things like pushups, working on her body, stretching and so forth. She seemed more like she was there for the dancing and less for the academics, although she was a very good student.”





He added that she was very flirtatious with "most everyone" but the two of them connected on another level.

“I think the fact that we’re both sort of different — and she was a little different — made us sort of attracted to each other."

“Her sort of brashness, you know, I just found that quite endlessly entertaining, and it didn’t really put me off like it did with some of the other older dancers.”

He also claimed they even shared a few romantic moments.

“We were not lovers — we did take a shower together. And we did kiss.”

He admitted he “would’ve taken it further,” and while a long-term relationship was “appealing,” he knew it wouldn’t last.

“I thought, ‘Her ego is always going to be first and what I do will be second,’ and that’s not what I wanted."

“We performed together as a touring company doing liturgical dances."



“We were rehearsing for a performance in this large church. And she said, ‘Peter, what’s your address?’ So I told her but wondered why she’d want that.

“A week later, I started getting calls from the church because she had filled out one of those guest forms in my name. So I was getting calls about joining the church. It was funny stuff like that, you know? She’s a jokester and trickster. She’s very entertaining and fun to be around.”

He noted he hasn't spoken to Madonna since driving her to the airport in 1979, after she booked a one-way ticket to New York.

He and Madonna both kept in contact with former ballet teacher, Christopher Flynn.

Before his death in 1990, he apparently told Peter “She hasn’t changed a bit. She’s still our Madonna.”

“I took his word on it,” Peter said.

Recently Madonna postponed her US leg of the highly-anticipated world tour, as she continues recovering from her recent unexpected health crisis.

She told fans she'd be back onstage come October, and is currently still scheduled to bring the show to Brooklyn on December 13th and 14th.




Peter has faith his former flame will keep her promises.

“She’ll conquer the health issue and make sure she puts on the tour. She’s the kind of person that is most herself when she’s performing on stage, so she’s got to get back on stage. I think she’ll do everything she can to do it. She’ll make a comeback.”

He even plans on attending a show when the US tour dates are rescheduled.






Comments

Popular Posts