Lea Michele Honours Cory Monteith 10 Years After Passing
Lea Michele has made a point of paying tribute to late boyfriend and 'Glee' costar Cory Monteith, every year on the anniversary of his death, and this year is no different.
Cory passed at the age of 31 due to an accidental mixed drug toxicity, involving heroin and alcohol. He found found in a Canadian hotel in July 2013, after completing a stay in rehab just months before.
The two played Rachel Berry and Finn Hudson on 'Glee,' meeting on set in 2009, and dating from 2012 until his untimely death.
Lea has also remembered Cory through multiple tattoos on her body. She has his character's (Finn) jersey number on her side, writing at the time, “And one more.. for my Quarterback.. #5.” She also has “Finn” written on her lower back.
In February 2014, she opened up about their plans for the future.
“We talked about a lot of things. We talked about children and what we would look like when we grew old, and who would be fat and how we would stay thin. We talked about where we wanted to go and what we wanted to do. We were done. We were it.”
“When you’re at that place in your life with someone, you talk about everything. But today I feel like I was given the best part of Cory, and I’m thankful for that.”
“I only have happy memories of Cory. He was not his addiction — unfortunately, it won. But that wasn’t who he was. Cory made me feel like a queen every day. From the minute he said, ‘I’m your boyfriend,’ I loved every day, and I thank him for being the best boyfriend and making me feel so beautiful.”
Looking back at her time with him on set, she felt "emotional" appearing on a January 2020 episode of 'Showmance,' a podcast hosted by 'Glee' costars Kevin McHale and Jenna Ushkowitz.
“The moments that made me so emotional were not anything that ever has made me emotional before about the show. One of them was when [Finn] took [Artie] out of the Porta Potty. There were so many moments that you see the whole arc of a character for a whole season in one moment. Him taking you out of the bathroom, and you see Finn’s heart. Oh, my God.”
Keep scrolling to see all of Lea's tributes to Cory over the years:
2014
For the first anniversary of his death, Lea took to Twitter to say:
“We hold you in our hearts today, and every day we remember your smile. We will love you and miss you always.”
At the time, she also travelled to a ranch in Montecito, California to reflect on his life with friends.
“[She] misses him every day."
2015
“Today we remember the laughter and joy you brought into our lives every day. We think of you always and love you so.”
2016
“I know everyday you’re watching over me, and smiling. Love and miss you Cory, everyday, but today a little more..”
2017
“Hard to believe it’s been 4 years… We miss you C… love you more.”
2018
“There are some who bring a light so great to the world, that even after they have gone, the light remains.”
2019
This was the year Lea married Zandy Reich, sharing:
“The light always remains,” alongside a red heart.
2020
She shared a black and white photo of Cory from their time on 'Glee.'
She also honoured former 'Glee' costar Naya Rivera whose body was found five days after she went missing on Lake Piru in California.
2021
This year, she shared a black and white photo of Cory waving to a crowd mid-performance, with a red heart emoji.
2022
She shared a photo of the two of them looking at each other affectionately, adding a heart emoji.
2023
"Hey you. 10 years. It feels like only yesterday that you were here and yet a million years ago all at the same time. I hold all of our memories in my heart where they will stay safe and never forgotten."
"We miss you every day and will never forget the light you to brought to us all. I miss you big guy. I hope you found Taylor [Hawkins] up there and are playing the drums together. 🤍."
















Comments
Post a Comment