Kim Kardashian Reacts To Skims Saving A Gunshot Victim

Kim Kardashian has reacted to a customer claiming her brand Skims helped her survive a shooting.

“Kim Kardashian saved my life. This New Year’s, I got shot four times. The night I got shot, under my dress, I was wearing a SKIMS shaping bodysuit. It was so tight on me that it literally kept me from bleeding out. I recommend it. I’m definitely going to buy some more. I mean, I should wear it every day. It’s like body armor for women.”

Earlier this year, Angelina Wiley was shot in Kansas City, Missouri, while waiting for a Lyft. Police arrived at the scene during the early hours of New Year's Day, and help treat her life-threatening injuries.

Since then, Angelina has used social media to thank Kim for the creation of her shapewear company.


Angelina didn't disclose the specific bodysuit she was wearing, however, Skims offers over a dozen different bodysuits, ranging between $68.00 and $128.00.

Kim has responded to the video by reposting with the comment "Wowww,” alongside the praying hands emoji.

The company originally launched under the name Kimono is 2019, and after facing backlash over culture appropriation, she changed the name to Skims. It has since branched out to include shapewear, dresses, loungewear, swimsuits, and accessories.

“It started off with simply finding shapewear that was a skin tone that would match my color. I used to take my shapewear and dye it with tea bags and coffee in the bathtub.”

She has recently revealed that Skims made $500 million last year.


“Obviously you have big hopes, but this definitely exceeded everything that I ever imagined. I still have, like, impostor syndrome or whatever. But I think that’s part of what keeps me going.”

“I understand that maybe in my 50s, I’m not going to be wanting to pose in my underwear. We’ll do anything we can to look as young as we can. We’re not going to go out not trying.”

Skims has previously collaborated with Heidi Klum, Tyra Banks, Candice Swanepoel, Alessandra Ambrosio, Bea Grannò, Simona Tabasco, Brooke Shields, Juliette Lewis and more.

Comments

Popular Posts