Jason Aldean Shares Update After 'Heat Exhaustion'
Jason Aldean has shared an update on his health following his rush off stage during a concert in Connecticut on Saturday.
“It was hot out, I was playing golf all day yesterday, and then [I] got to the show and there was a combination of dehydration and just heat exhaustion. So, I hear a lot of stuff going around, heat stroke, all this stuff. I don’t think it was quite that serious, but it was pretty intense last night at the show.”
He noted he "knew [the heat exhaustion] was coming,” but he tried to “get through as much of the show as I could” before leaving the stage during the song 'Crazy Town' so he could receive medical attention.
“I knew it wasn’t gonna happen and I was trying to just get off stage and figure out what was going on."
After he cut the performance short, he received “a couple of IVs” and proceeded to receive treatment on Sunday.
“[I’ve] got a show in Saratoga [Springs, New York] tonight. We’re gonna play that show and then we’re gonna make the one up to you guys in Hartford, as well. So, again, I apologize for cutting the show short, but we’ll come back and make it up to you and I’m feeling a lot, lot better so thank you guys for checking in and, I don’t know, we’ll see you tonight.”
After the show on Saturday, the venue Xfinity Theatre, shared a statement announcing an additional performance would be “rescheduled for a future date. We appreciate your patience as we work on rescheduling a new date, as well as the outpouring of well wishes for Jason. A rep has confirmed he is now doing well after experiencing heat stroke during last night’s performance.”
This concert marked Jason's second stop on his 'Highway Desperado Tour' which began in New York on Friday. Over the tour, he will complete over 40 stops across the US and Canada, finishing on October 28th.
The health scare comes almost one year after he was dropped by longtime PR firm after his wife, Brittany, was accused of making transphobic comments on Instagram.
“Music has always been and remains The GreenRoom’s core focus, so we had to make the difficult decision after 17 years to step away from representing Jason. We aren’t the best people for the gig anymore, but will always be big fans of his music — he is one of the greatest live entertainers in country music.”
In the previous month, Brittany entered a feud on social media with Maren Morris and Cassadee Pope after she captioned a makeup tutorial saying, “I’d really like to thank my parents for not changing my gender when I went through my tomboy phase. I love this girly life🤎✌🏼.”
Cassadee Pope responded with, "You’d think celebs with beauty brands would see the positives in including LGBTQ+ people in their messaging. But instead here we are, hearing someone compare their ‘tomboy phase’ to someone wanting to transition. Real nice.”
Maren Morris replied to Cassadee saying, “It’s so easy to, like, not be a scumbag human? Sell your clip-ins and zip it, Insurrection Barbie.”
Brittany doubled down saying the following: “Advocating for the genital mutilation of children under the disguise of love and calling it ‘gender-affirming care’ is one of the worst evils. I will always support my children and do what I can to protect their innocence.”
Jason and Brittany share kids Memphis (5) and Navy (4).
Jason is also father to daughters Keeley (20) and Kendyl (15) with ex-wife Jessica Ussery.





Comments
Post a Comment