Gigi Hadid Arrested Over Marijuana Possession
Gigi Hadid has been arrested for bringing marijuana onto a flight to the Cayman Islands.
“Gigi was traveling with marijuana purchased legally in NYC with a medical license. It has also been legal for medical use in Grand Cayman since 2017. Her record remains clear and she enjoyed the rest of her time on the island.”
She and fellow model Leah McCarthy were arrested upon arrival at Owen Roberts International Airport, where custom officials found "ganja and utensils used for the consumption of ganja” in their luggage. It was a small amount believed to be for personal use.
While the substance is legal in Grand Cayman, it's illegal to bring it in from another country. The two were arrested for "Importation of Ganja and Importation of Utensils used for the consumption of ganja."
They were brought to the Prisoner Detention Center before being released on bail. They were officially charged and pleaded guilty, and each fined $1,000. The legal matter has now been settles and no conviction recorded.
It appears the duo enjoyed the remainder of their time on vacation, sharing Instagram photos lounging in bikinis.
This legal drama was settled the same day ex Zayn Malik spoke out about his own legal dramas.
In 2021, he was charged with four criminal offences of harassment after an alleged dispute with Yolanda Hadid, Gigi's mother.
He was accused of "causing mental anguish and physical pain” to her after pushing her and shouting profanities on their property.
He allegedly called her “a f–king Dutch slut” and told her to “stay away from [my] f–king daughter.”
He denied all allegations but pleaded no contest, and has since completed a court ordered anger management class, and domestic violence program.
He explained he tried to handle the situation "in the best way" by not addressing it further at the time.
“I knew what the situation was. I knew what happened, and the people involved knew what happened too. And that’s all I really cared about. … I believe you could respect that I just didn’t want to bring attention to anything, I just wasn’t trying to get into a negative back and forth with her [or] any sort of narrative online where my daughter was going to look back and read that.”




Comments
Post a Comment