Dolph Lundgren Gets Married In Mykonos
'Rocky IV' star Dolph Lundgren has married Emma Krokdal in Mykonos.
"We chose to celebrate our love by getting married at our villa in Mykonos with family and a few close friends. With both Covid and a long road of challenging medical treatments, we’ve had to push our marriage plans many times."
"We felt it was finally the right time to celebrate love, life and happiness— in the land of the Gods."
Dolph proposed in June 2020, sharing an image of himself and bride to be as she shows off her ring.
"Something very special happened here in Sweden."
Before the wedding, Dolph posted a photo of the two enjoying the sun in Greece with the caption, "Tomorrow is the day. Mykonos ❤️"
They first met at a West Hollywood Equinox and became friends, however, it took a while for romance to spark.
"I didn't know why she liked me at all, but I suppose she saw something there. She didn't know about my acting career, she didn't know anything about me."
Emma was brought to her first red carpet event in June 2022, along with Dolph's daughter's Ida (26) and Greta (20).
"I met her three years ago and she hasn't been to a premiere yet because of COVID, so we're really enjoying it."
Since they started dating, they have been very open about their love for each other.
"I’ll say it again, real life super hero right here. On screen and off screen 👊🏻❤️."
"I feel like Emma is very mature for her age, for sure. She's had an interesting life. She came over here from a small town in Norway. She was married here and she went through a difficult divorce and went through a lot of stuff that most young people her age don't have to deal with."
"So she's quite mature and at the same time, I think I'm quite youthful.”
In May, Dolph revealed she was by his side during his battle with cancer. Doctors initially discovered a tumor in his kidneys in 2015. More were discovered five years later, including in his liver. After the surgery and therapy, Dolph claimed doctors "started saying things like, 'You should probably take a break and spend more time with your family and so forth.'"
"So I kind of asked him, 'How long do you think I got left?' I think he said two or three years, but I could tell in his voice that he probably thought it was less."
"I thought it was it for sure. You kind of look at your life and going, 'I've had a great life.' I've had a freaking great life. I've lived like five lifetimes in one already with everything I've done."
He sought out a second opinion and found a physician who was able to treat the cancer through targeting a mutation common in lung cancer.
"If I'd gone on the other treatment, I had about three or four months left. I couldn't believe that that it would be that radical of a difference that within three months, things were shrinking by 20, 30%."
"2022 was basically watching these medications do their thing and finally things that shrunk into about 90%. Now I'm in the process of taking out the remaining scar tissue of these tumors."
"You appreciate every day I can be with people I love. You just appreciate, you know, having been lucky enough to be alive and appreciate every moment there is."





Comments
Post a Comment