Cause of Death Revealed For Lisa Marie Presley

Lisa Marie Presley's cause of death was revealed, and it was noted she passed due to sequelae of small bowel obstruction.

“The obstruction was in the form of a strangulated small bowel caused by adhesions that developed after bariatric surgery years ago."

It was reported Lisa was complaining of abdominal pain earlier before being found unresponsive and rushed to the hospital. She was found to have "a severely distended abdomen" and "severe metabolic acidosis."

She was found with “therapeutic levels of oxycodone in the blood,” and “quetiapine metabolite along with buprenorphine with associated metabolites.” They were “not contributory to death." 

Her death was deemed natural.


“It is with a heavy heart that I must share the devastating news that my beautiful daughter Lisa Marie has left us. She was the most passionate strong and loving woman I have ever known. We ask for privacy as we try to deal with this profound loss. Thank you for the love and prayers. At this time there will be no further comment," said Priscilla at the time of her death.

The statement came hours after it was confirmed Lisa was rushed to hospital following cardiac arrest.

Just two days earlier she had attended the 2023 Golden Globes with Priscilla in honour of the 2022 Elvis biopic.

Austin Butler, who played the King, won 'Best Actor in a Motion Picture' and thanked Priscilla and Lisa during his speech.

“Thank you for opening your hearts, your memories, your home to me. Lisa Marie, Priscilla, I love you forever.”

Both Lisa and Priscilla have kept Elvis' legacy alive since his death, giving Baz Luhrmann their blessing for the biopic.

“I really didn’t know what to do with myself after I saw [the movie],” Lisa Marie said. “I had to take, like, five days to process it because it was so incredible and so spot on and just so authentic that, yeah, I can’t even describe what it meant.”


Lisa is survived by her children Riley (34), Harper and Finley (14). Her son Danny passed by suicide in 2020 at age 27.

After her death, Riley and Priscilla were caught in an estate battle over Lisa's trust, naming Riley as the sole trustee. The case was settled in May with Riley as sole trustee.

“Riley and Priscilla are at peace in their relationship after the very stressful ordeal over Lisa Marie’s trust and estate. “There was a lot of back and forth, but they reached a middle ground that makes them both happy.”

Part of the settlement sees Riley paying Priscilla $1 million, along with $400,000 in legal fees.

Comments

Popular Posts