Treat Williams Dead At 71 Following Motorcycle Accident

Treat Williams, star of 'Everwood' has died following a motocycle accident at the age of 71. 

His rep stated, “He was killed this afternoon. He was making a left or a right [and] a car cut him off. I’m just devastated. He was the nicest guy. He was so talented.”

“He was an actor’s actor. Filmmakers loved him. He’s been the heart of Hollywood since the late 1970s. He was really proud of his performance this year. He’s been so happy with the work that I got him. He’s had a balanced career.”

Vermont fire chief Jacob Gribble said the crash happened approximately 5PM involving a single car and Treat's motocycle.


The noted Treat was allegedly the only one hurt and a LifeNet helicopter airlifted his to a hospital.

Treat started his career in theatre, moving to the silver screen in the 1970s appearing in mainstream hits such as 'Deadly Hero,' 'The Ritz,' and 'The Eagle Has Landed.'

His big break was George Berger in 'Hair' in 1979, earning him a Golden Glove nomination. He received his second nomination in 1981 for playing Daniel Ciello in 'Prince of the City.'

He also had some small screen parts such as Dr. Andy Brown on 'Everwood' earning him a SAG award nomination.

He had also grabbed roles on 'Blue Bloods' and 'The Late Shift.'


In 2016, he started his tenure as Mick O'Brien on 'Chesapeake Shore,' remaining until the sixth and final season.

He also found happiness in his personal life, marrying wife Pam Van Sant in 1988, and welcoming two children, Gille in 1992, and Ellie in 1998.

In 2018, he opened up about how having a family changed his approach to his career, helping him decide which roles to pursue.

“At this point in my life if I’m going to go leave the house in Vermont, which I absolutely adore, it really has to be, ‘Oh, boy, I can’t wait to get on the airplane to do this with these guys."

“Do what you want. Do what you love. The rest will take care of itself. I always lived by that. I think it’s a great way to pursue anything in life that you love. Be passionate about it, commit yourself to it, and the rest will come. I don’t know how sage that is, but that’s the best I got today.” 

He is survived by his wife and children.



Comments

Popular Posts