Savannah Chrisley Reveals Suicide Attempt
Savannah Chrisley has opened up about a suicide attempt that happened when she was a teenager.
“I didn’t really have a life-or-death experience, but I did try committing suicide so that potentially was maybe my life-or-death experience."
She believes the attempt happened around the time her family started filming their reality series, when she around 15/16 years old.
“It’s so crazy because when you go through so much trauma, I feel like your mind just blocks it out. I also feel like, too, there were maybe some side effects to what I had done to where it affected my memory but it all really was a blur.”
Even though her recollection was a bit fuzzy, she remembered her parents being there when she woke up in the hospital.
“Even at that time, I remember lying to the doctors because I didn’t want to be held at the hospital. I just kind of remember masking over. … You know, that was just, like, a hiccup. I’m fine, I’m not crazy.”
She noted her father, who along with his wife reported to prison in January following a guilty verdict of tax evasion, band and wire fraud, and conspiracy, "stepped up" to help after the incident.
“My dad spent countless hours with me every day, just trying to get me to talk. Telling me his life stories, his trauma. Trying to let me know like, ‘Hey, I’m not this perfect person you’ve always thought I am. I’ve gone through stuff in my life, too. I’ve had trauma. I want you to feel comfortable.’ And talking to me about it. And it took me a while.”
The is not the first time she's been open about her mental health struggles. She has also opened up about how her parents' legal issues affected her.
“When it comes to my dad, I think the hardest part about this for me is, he’s always been the one I’ve gone to for the emotional things … and I know I touched on this on my first episode of talking about my own battles with depression and where that’s led me, and this whole experience is kind of — it’s taking me to a really dark place."
After her parents were sentenced to prison, she gained custody of her brother Grayson (16) and niece Chloe (10). She has admitted the new responsibility has left her questioning whether she wants children.
“I’m in that anger part of grief right now. I’m just angry at everything. And also, after taking on the kids. I’m like, ‘OK. Do I actually want kids? Do I? You know, seeing how much this whole thing has affected us?’”
She also noted that she “freaking love[s] those two kids more than life itself. We have so much fun together. I try to have as much fun as possible.”





Comments
Post a Comment