Robbie Williams Stops Mid-Concert, "I'm F**ked"
Robbie Williams has had to pause his concert after only a few songs, telling the crowd he was exhausted due to "long COVID."
He was performing at the Pinkpop music festival and asked his band to stop the next song.
He had just finished his third song, and energetic cover of 'Land of 1000 Dances' by Wilson Pickett, and seemed out of breath as the band started paying 'Monsoon.'
“No, stop stop. I’m f**ked. I’m f**ked. It’s long COVID, I’ve got long COVID. It’s not my f**king age, you f**kers.”
He then picked the song up and continued the set, playing another 16 songs including 'Rock DJ,' 'Kids,' and 'Angels.'
Robbie has had two bouts of COVID that were reported publicly, first in April 2020.
At the time he claimed he was feeling "lethargic, tired and heavy," spending three weeks isolating away from his family.
“The mental struggle has been the hardest bit about isolation, making sure we don’t slip into our own dark holes."
Later that year, he explained he had momentarily moved to the Swiss mountains hoping to avoid the virus.
“I’m somewhere in Switzerland up a mountain. I’m a bit neurotic and I thought, ‘Where can I place myself where it won’t get me?’ That’s social distancing in the extreme isn’t it?”
He got COVID a second time in January 2021, while on holiday in the Caribbean with his wife and four children.
He was confined to their $186,000 a week villa before he could fly home.
“Robbie’s been fairly sick. He’s confined to the villa where he is staying with his family. It’s not exactly the worst place in the world to be quarantined, although he cannot go to the beach. He will have to remain in quarantine for up to 14 days.”
Robbie later claimed, “All is good. I’m fine. I’m good. I was good and I will be good.”
Long COVID has been defined as a “condition that occurs in individuals with a history of probable or confirmed SARS CoV-2 infection, usually three months from the onset of Covid-19 with symptoms and that last for at least two months and cannot be explained by an alternative diagnosis”.
Symptoms can include “fatigue, shortness of breath, cognitive dysfunction but also others and generally have an impact on everyday functioning”.






Comments
Post a Comment